Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can i use a direct box with pod HD Bean?

pelaomedinaese

I don't think there's necessarily a sound improvement - it depends on how your HD preset is configured with the Guitar input. You don't need a DI box with the Pod. For instance, you can use the Pad on guitar input if the incoming signal is too hot. Or you can use a compressor, or EQ, or studio preamp model, or...... There are various ways to process the signal within the Pod to pretty much do what a DI box does.

I don't think there's necessarily a sound improvement - it depends on how your HD preset is configured with the Guitar input. You don't need a DI box with the Pod. For instance, you can use the Pad on guitar input if the incoming signal is too hot. Or you can use a compressor, or EQ, or studio preamp model, or...... There are various ways to process the signal within the Pod to pretty much do what a DI box does.

hello my pod is an hd Bean, i noticed that connecting the send of my amp straight to the pod the di quality is awesome, the amps in pod are sound much better than if connect my guitar into the pod directly

I used an TS->XLR adapter to serialize my HD Desktop and ran 4cm with am amplifier. It's a super tweaky setup that really isn't practical for live use...But it does work pretty well. Setting up the chain is pretty complicated to...The really problem is that you need a concentric Master volume or outboard buffers to set the level on the L and R outputs since one is hitting an amp input and the other is driving the power amp...you can get it corrected with the internal mixer, but the master has to stay put and amplfiers that don't have Master volume on the power amp input don't integrate well...too tweaky....I have an old post on this with a patch some place, but I can't find it....and I think Zap is in Peru some place...

I used an TS->XLR adapter to serialize my HD Desktop and ran 4cm with am amplifier. It's a super tweaky setup that really isn't practical for live use...But it does work pretty well. Setting up the chain is pretty complicated to...The really problem is that you need a concentric Master volume or outboard buffers to set the level on the L and R outputs since one is hitting an amp input and the other is driving the power amp...you can get it corrected with the internal mixer, but the master has to stay put and amplfiers that don't have Master volume on the power amp input don't integrate well...too tweaky....I have an old post on this with a patch some place, but I can't find it....and I think Zap is in Peru some place...

my purpose is to use the pod for recording and the di signal recorded with the send of the amp is really great while the pod default signal is with lows incremented and with less body

my purpose is to use the pod for recording and the di signal recorded with the send of the amp is really great while the pod default signal is with lows incremented and with less body

That is sorta what I did when I serialized the LR of the HD Desktop and ran 4CM with my DT50...I just took the XLR out of the DT50 and got some power section love on the output without using a mic as the DT50 direct is quite good...It is a great setup for recording nice being able to switch between the DT50 preamp and the HD Desktop...Really Flexible. At that time, I was playing out live a bit more often and it just wasn't practical for me...

I'm using the Pod HD Bean with the following config to go direct to PA on live gigs and it works great:

Guitar -> 1/4" Pod input -> 1/4" Pod left output-> 1/4" DI input -> XLR Out to PA

That is what I do currently...I don't bring an amp unless I have to...But usually take two DIs and have it summed or stereo depending on the PA and the room/system...