Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem importing presets

JLondon

"Model specified in preset is not recognized - code 8312"  Okay so I must be the only one as a search on the forum produced "0" results and nothing on ytube either.  I was under the impression that the regular Helix and Helix Native presets were compatible.  Was I wrong?  Not a single preset that I have tried to import to Native has resulted in anything other than the aforementioned message.  Not even presets downloaded from the "Native" custom tone page.  What gives?  Thanks in advance for assistance.  Signed: Frustratred

Well, I managed to fix my own problem and for the benefit of anyone who might have similar difficulty in the future I'll explain.  My version of Native version was outdated (1.0) and I was trying to import presets that contained elements from newer versions.  I installed the latest version available and voila!  All fixed.  Yes, this was my bad, but in fairness, a little consistency from Line 6 please.  I've had my Helix floor unit and editor for a while now so I'm no stranger to the whole general concept.  I understand there must be certain software developer limitations, but I shouldn't have to spend a half a day of my valuable time trying to simply find where the settings menu is in order to find out what version I have.  Even that was in a ridiculous place and hard to find once I found the well hidden settings menu.  The manual is of no help because it was for a newer version and everything was changed.  To add insult to injury, when I went to the Line 6 download page and punched in Helix Native for Windows 10 it told me there was no software for that criteria.  Whaaaaaat?  Fortunately, I happened to see in another location a link to read more about the new version of Native.  Line 6 I love you.  But pleeeeeze quit trying to satisfy the constant and never ending begging for updates until you're ready.  You keep spitting out updates faster than the rest of your team can follow.  And when you do come out with something new, quit making unnecessary changes to the basic format indiscriminately.  Be more consistent between platforms and just because you can change something doesn't mean you should. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm getting the same error message code 8312 when trying to import new presets designed for the Helix v2.50, I then updated my Helix to v2.54 and it still is not loading. The error refers to a missing model which should be included in the updates. Anyone know what else I can do. Life should not be this difficult. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/31/2018 at 4:31 PM, JLondon said:

Fortunately, I happened to see in another location a link to read more about the new version of Native...

This. Just purchased this today and spent an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't import a bundle or preset.

You'll have to click the READ MORE link under the heading for Helix/HX 3.50 Firmware. It's not listed on the downloads page.

2022-11-25 13_55_56-Window.png

On 11/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, RDG3PO said:

This. Just purchased this today and spent an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't import a bundle or preset.

You'll have to click the READ MORE link under the heading for Helix/HX 3.50 Firmware. It's not listed on the downloads page.

Hi,

Glad you managed to fix the issue, but did you realise you were quoting, and replying, to a post from January 2018

Hope this helps/makes sense.