Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V rocks, thank-you Line6

stonelx

Just want to say wow!

The line 6 spider V amp rocks.

I've had an old tube amp (crate blue voodoo) since brand new. I love it.

But over the years, my old effects processors got dropped enough times and eventually failed.

Time to upgrade.

Do I buy another effects board, or new amp?

hmmm. So off to the Internet I go and research.

Forums, amp reviews, youtube vids (the good and ugly), I ended up with a Spider V 240 combo.

Why?

Well, I like the front amp knob layout. The easy switch between AMP and effects (with color) are simple and cool.

I opted for the 240 (over the 120 or 60) simply for the double speaker. I like that stereo sound you get in a small room.

But, what amazed me was the promotion for the wireless transmitter.

And when I got it, and tried it out, it works perfecto!

I've only just begun to tweak the infinite tones available built into the amp, but so far they sound awesome.

I'm impressed.

FWIW, I play everything from Megadeth to Blues on a Jackson Kelly KE3.

• 1 month later...

Well StoneLX...I will be purchasing the Spider V 240 next week.  Heard a lot of good reports  on it as well as the always negative Tube Loons remarks.   Guitar Center is taking $100 off  the 499. reg price. What a buy!!!!!! Same price as the 120,,,,,,,,a no brainer!!!!  Will give a report as soon as I get my Variax Standard in two months!    

• 3 weeks later...

I received my  Spider V 240 last week and I could not agree with you more! What a monster.  I have played with it a long time and I am just beginning to get my arms around it (to big physically).   I feel like a chemist with a new chemistry set!  Boy, can I make some neat sound/tones!  You can  develop just about anything  tone you desire.  AND, you can bleed from the ears and cause a 5.0 earthquake!!  I can't turn it up much more than 1/4 with out cringing a little down in my man cave.  Yes I can see it taking it yo nice size venues.  Really, the only gripe I have ..is the guitar riffs.  They are way tooo short...and drive my crazy with the short repetitiveness..  Other tan that, it a great buy for a very cool modeling amp. I bought it at Guitar Center just because of the nice $100 discount.   I too, love the g10 transmitter with it. Also just received my Black Variax Standard...........WHAT A COMBO! 

• 5 months later...