Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.50 - What are you most looking forward to?

TheGFB

Synth-o-matic. I looooove that setting on my FM4. Not so much on the HD, but I can get lost in that drone for hours. I'd pair that up with a harmony effect, controlling the melody with the harmonizing interval and and tweak oscillating delays. Who needs a guitar? I just hope the model responds in the Helix like it does on the FM4, not the HD

Legacy effects. All the missing overdrives, fuzz face, metalzone, filters, echo platter, tube echo, lo res, phaae paner, dual phase, dimmension. Actually i was ready to pull the trigger on m5 to avoid conecting my pod hd 500 tp helix, but this update saved me the wiring and 100 euros.

The new tuner.  

(expecting the ban-hammer).

Really hoping the new verbs can compete with a Big Sky, but I'm not super confident having heard the one preview video.  Same thing with the BE100.  What I've heard so far doesn't trip my trigger.  No disrespect intended to L6, I'm just not sure it's my cup of tea.   In the preview I saw it sounded like a flubby marshall.  

The metal zone is a big one for me - most of the distortion in the Helix feels closer to overdrive and doesn't have the bite I'm after. I'd prefer the metal zone to be remodelled for the Helix but this will do at a push.

Of the other older effects, I'm just looking forward to them helping me with a migration path from my old Pod XT Live. I've been able to port over some of my old tones by trying to match the gear, adding matched settings, and then going on a listen/analyse/tweak/repeat mission for quite some time. Having more faithful reproductions of the older effects will cut a lot of the uncertainty out of this process - and I can always upgrade to HX effects later once I've got the baseline in place.

I'm all for improvements, but I've used those legacy FX to create some tones that I still find very good, so I'm waiting for them eagerly. 
My favorites are the Dimension chorus, the Growler and the Jet Fuzz, but I know I'll use more thant that, specially from the filter and synth department.

I`m looking forward to hearing once again from Dimension D, all the Phasers (I believe the Deluxe Phaser in Helix has NO DELUXE QUALITY AT ALL), the MT2, and of course the new reverbs. The Friedman amp sounds quite promising.

Keep up the good work guys!!!

I like it all :-)

But would have loved to see the Spdif bug that's annoying me for 2 years, be fixed too.

Oh well new toys sells better than bug fixes, I understand ;-)

HX reverbs is a great and longtime awaited contribution. Bravo!

Metal zone primarily.

The Friedman amp secondarily.

HX reverbs will nice even though I'm quite happy with the existing ones.

Experimenting with all those legacy effects, most of which I've never played with having not owned anything from L6 between the X3 series and Helix.

Legacy effects and HX reverbs.  I'm already pleased as punch with the available amps and most everything else Helix offers (Workflow, I/Os, audio quality, HX Edit ease of use, etc.).  Would love to see improvement on the tuner, but I have zero problem using an outboard unit until they get around to that challenge.

To be perfectly honest, if L6 never did another update, I'd still be over the moon happy with Helix.  It is most incredibly powerful, flexible, easy to use, fantastic sounding piece of guitar related gear I have owned in 40+ years of playing.  Any improvements/additions they make are simply icing on the cake...

• Upvote 1

I'm interested in checking out the legacy pedals and reverbs and applying them to the Mic Output. 

I use the for a singer-songwriter band, where one line of DSP is amp and guitar effects, and the other line is vocal preamp, reverb and compression. It makes such a HUGE difference during rehearsals and gigs to have some polish on your voice to compensate for lollipop rooms or whatever else is going wrong. Interested in trying the new effects with voice! 

Am looking forward to an eventual harmonizer... but it could be awhile!

Well, I have been one of the more vocal proponents of new HX reverbs over the past 2 years. So those of course.  :P

The amps come in ahead of the legacy stuff, because I am currently working on 2 songs atm that those 2 amp models would probably be perfect for. Or at the very least that I want to try out.

This is also the reason why I am interested in 2.50 for my Helix Rack, but I am actually looking forward to Helix Native 1.50 update a bit more. 

The legacy stuff comes in last, however, everything in this update is enticing to me.  The legacy stuff will work great to add to the sonic toolbox for my studio. It will also bring over a lot of users of PodHD, and some of the other L6 pedals/boxes, as most of that is covered + all the new. Makes upgrading far more enticing. More user base for Helix, means longer support from L6. 

I don't normally get excited about FW updates, but I have a current project that needs a Vocoder. I'm hoping the legacy Vocoder effect is going to work, so I'm a little anxious to try it out. 

Also, before I bought my Helix, I was shopping for a Lonestar amp. So this is a chance to scratch some of that itch. 

I don't normally get excited about FW updates, but I have a current project that needs a Vocoder. I'm hoping the legacy Vocoder effect is going to work, so I'm a little anxious to try it out. 

The Vocoder is not included in this update, or at least it's not on the list that's been published. I want it too!

There are two vocal filters on that list, the Voice Box and the V Tron, though they're different from a vocoder.

The Vocoder is not included in this update, or at least it's not on the list that's been published. I want it too!

There are two vocal filters on that list, the Voice Box and the V Tron, though they're different from a vocoder.

Thanks, I guess I read it wrong. I'll give the Voice Box a try when it comes out. Maybe that will do the trick. 

If I'm not wrong there's a new reverb that does a bit of the Freeze action, that's something I would love.  I currently achieve that in recordings with an old Klark Teknik dn780 but it's labour intensive.  Still miles better than a plug in.  Be nice to hit a chord in Helix and let it ride.

If I'm not wrong there's a new reverb that does a bit of the Freeze action, that's something I would love. I currently achieve that in recordings with an old Klark Teknik dn780 but it's labour intensive. Still miles better than a plug in. Be nice to hit a chord in Helix and let it ride.

oh this is the first i heard of this.. where did you hear about that?

I'm looking forward to more toys in the toybox.  I've only had my Helix for a week so I'm still trying to learn it.  I've seen the updated effects list and heard the preview of the new reverbs and I'm afraid I'm going to have to start all over again lol.

Some friendly suggestions I thought of adding to the Helix. Forgive me if I'm wrong and you can already do some of these things. If there's a way, I haven't discovered it yet.

1. I would like to see the flagship Helix get another mic input added. Then upgrade the LT to have just 1 direct mic input.

2. Specific drop down tune/capo up tune setting that does what the Digitech Drop or EHX Pitch Fork pedals can do. Basically allowing you to drop your guitar tuning down in half step increments or up (like a capo) in half step increments. It's great for people with FR guitars who can't stop mid set to re-tune for 1 or 2 songs.

3. A built in guitar sustainer effect would be nice with optional harmonic effects.

4. Acoustic guitar simulation. Using your electric guitar to sound like an acoustic guitar.

5. Easier to use interface. People love simplicity. The easier it is to understand the broader the appeal to a mass audience.

6. Perhaps an option where the digital display will show you exactly what notes you're playing, chords you're playing, or what key you're playing in.

7. Drum/beat and bass backing tracks that are easy to create and change.

• Upvote 1

Some friendly suggestions I thought of adding to the Helix. Forgive me if I'm wrong and you can already do some of these things. If there's a way, I haven't discovered it yet.

1. I would like to see the flagship Helix get another mic input added. Then upgrade the LT to have just 1 direct mic input.

2. Specific drop down tune/capo up tune setting that does what the Digitech Drop or EHX Pitch Fork pedals can do. Basically allowing you to drop your guitar tuning down in half step increments or up (like a capo) in half step increments. It's great for people with FR guitars who can't stop mid set to re-tune for 1 or 2 songs.

3. A built in guitar sustainer effect would be nice with optional harmonic effects.

4. Acoustic guitar simulation. Using your electric guitar to sound like an acoustic guitar.

5. Easier to use interface. People love simplicity. The easier it is to understand the broader the appeal to a mass audience.

6. Perhaps an option where the digital display will show you exactly what notes you're playing, chords you're playing, or what key you're playing in.

7. Drum/beat and bass backing tracks that are easy to create and change.

1. OK, if you really need it.

2. Variax.

3. See #1.

4. Variax.

5. The UI is already dead-simple. How much easier can it get?

6. Really?

7. There are 1000 other gadgets that will always do it better.

1. OK, if you really need it.

2. Variax.

3. See #1.

4. Variax.

5. The UI is already dead-simple. How much easier can it get?

6. Really?

7. There are 1000 other gadgets that will always do it better.

And HELLO to you too.....? Who pooped in your Cheerios?

1. Yes, a lot of people would like to have that. 80-90% of bands I see have more than just the lead singer singing. :)

2. Why would I want to spend another $1,000 + on top of the Helix cost? I have guitars, acoustic and electric plus the Drop pedal and a capo.

3. There are pedals out there that allow you to have sustain/harmonics, so why couldn't the Helix implement it? Not everyone owns a guitar with a built in sustainer so it would be a nice feature.

4. Once again, why I would I want to spend $1,000 for no reason when I already own acoustic guitars?

5. Touch screen with the ability to drag and drop everything into place would be a hell of a lot faster and easier guaranteed. I don't mind the knobs but touch screen would be faster for me.

6. As an OPTION yes. This thing is built for music. It should be able to read what's being input into it. The Helix knowing what key you're in could help with other effects, synths, backing tracks, etc.

7. It's supposed to be an all in one workstation. It would be a great incentive and selling point of the flagship Helix model. You could omit it from the LT or lower models.

Not sure why you came off so dismissive. I was simply giving friendly suggestions. No harm no foul. Thanks for the reply. I hope you have a wonderful day.