Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects With Dream Rig

tdwolfgang2

I just bought the HX Effects, but currently have the POD HD500x and DT25 half stack. Being the versatility obsessed tone snob that I am, I now find myself in a conundrum...

Adding the higher quality (DSP) effects to the pure tube tone of the DT25 is my goal. However, this means I will lose the full control over the amp that the Pod provides. Just by changing channels on the POD, I can easily switch to any of the 4 amp selections of the DT25 including all my dialed in EQ settings.

I want to know if there is a way to use both the POD and the HX Effects together. This would only make sense if I can eliminate most or all of the digital processing from the POD. In other words, I would want a true analog bypass through the POD, but still be able to use it to control the DT25 via the L6 Link. A bonus would be finding a way to use the expression pedal of the POD to control the HX Effects.

This might be a pipe dream, but I'm willing to bet I'm not the only Line6 junkie that is going to have this problem.

-Adam

I with you on this. I posted something similar to this. There is a thread where line 6 responded to about Helix and DT amp integration. Apparently it is more difficult and involved then one would think. I would love to see a either Helix controlling the DT with the availability of all the effects or a Pod HX version that connects to the dt via the line 6 link. By the looks of it, I am not alone.

I with you on this. I posted something similar to this. There is a thread where line 6 responded to about Helix and DT amp integration. Apparently it is more difficult and involved then one would think. I would love to see a either Helix controlling the DT with the availability of all the effects or a Pod HX version that connects to the dt via the line 6 link. By the looks of it, I am not alone.

This is one of my pet peeves with Line-6. Nope, you are not alone. I finally sold my DT-50. I "expected" Line-6 to fix this at some point, but now looks as if they painted/designed themselves into a digital corner and couldn't. Sure I understand the whys of that, but dont name the port the same and then expect no one to say anything later when it won't act the same. Yep, even though the trademarked port names are the same for both the HD series and Helix units, they do not act the same midi control wise, which is a shame on many levels. Since I was amp heavy anyway, the lesser of 2 evils for me (and because of the frustration factor involved over this issue) was to finally sell the DT amp and keep Helix, but I still feel like there was a bit of sales bamboozlement in naming both ports the same name, even if they clearly don't act the same.

As far as using the HX unit with an HD-500, that actually might work well!