Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any way to swap presets?

srmd22

I see how to save a preset into a new location, and I can swap presets the following way, but it is arduous: Save preset A into an empty location; Save preset B into preset A's old location, over-writing it; Save preset A from it's temporary place into B's "old" location, over-writing it. But is there a way to just swap A<->B directly? I found swapping stomp footswitches and snapshots in the manual, but not presets - maybe can't be done?

I see how to save a preset into a new location, and I can swap presets the following way, but it is arduous: Save preset A into an empty location; Save preset B into preset A's old location, over-writing it; Save preset A from it's temporary place into B's "old" location, over-writing it. But is there a way to just swap A<->B directly? I found swapping stomp footswitches and snapshots in the manual, but not presets - maybe can't be done?

There is no way to swap presets right now. You could probably edit the backup files directly and pull it off but at that point you might as well cut and paste.

You can also drag-and-drop or cut-and-paste your presets using the HX Edit application on your computer.

I have moved around a couple like this, but I haven't dropped one on top of another - do you get an option to swap versus replace if you do that?

Thanks - I have used that feature, but thought it was limited to swapping presets within a set list. What if you want to swap a preset between two separate set lists?

You can certainly cut-and-paste between set lists.  I do this all of the time when I copy a built-in template or preset over to one of my set lists.

Thanks, I get the cut and paste option - just wondering if you have to over-write what you are pasting to, if there is already a preset in that slot, or if you can actually swap the two.

When going between different setlists, it replaces it. You lose the one that was in the slot. When you are in the same setlist, it moves all of the other presets down one slot.

When going between different setlists, it replaces it. You lose the one that was in the slot. When you are in the same setlist, it moves all of the other presets down one slot.

I see thanks. What happens to the set list that you move it from? Does it have one less preset?

From the Preset selection screen (the one with setlists on the left and presets on the right), select the preset you want to move, then turn the third of the six dials to reorder it in the list.

Outstanding, thanks for this info kylotan! I stand corrected, was not even aware of this feature as I tend to do all of my setlist reorganization through the Editor. Looks like this would be a nice feature to add to the Editor (assuming it is not already there, don't want to be incorrect twice). I usually preface all of my statements about these kinds of matters with "As far as I am aware of", reminder to self, keep doing that.  ;)

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 4:37 AM, kylotan said:

From the Preset selection screen (the one with setlists on the left and presets on the right), select the preset you want to move, then turn the third of the six dials to reorder it in the list.

Great ! Does the moved location get saved by default?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/14/2018 at 1:39 AM, supertonic_jack said:

There is a quicker way ;)

hold SHIFT while dragging and dropping. 

sorry for that! it was wrong information. The SHIFT swap worked on my old Spider 4 remote control software. 
For Helix (and Helix native?) it does NOT work unfortunately. 

Or were there any changes in the meantime? 2 years later.......

• 2 years later...
On 5/14/2020 at 11:57 AM, supertonic_jack said:

sorry for that! it was wrong information. The SHIFT swap worked on my old Spider 4 remote control software. 
For Helix (and Helix native?) it does NOT work unfortunately. 

Or were there any changes in the meantime? 2 years later.......

In the meantime...  2 years later...

It now works in HX Edit!

Thank you for the old tip.  It is such a time saver from trying to find an appropriate spot for temporarily holding a preset, scrolling back to the preset, copying the preset, scrolling back to the found spot, pasting the preset there, scrolling to the new preset, copying it, scrolling to the desired spot, pasting it, scrolling back to the temporary spot, copying that preset, scrolling back to the other spot, and pasting the preset.  *Whew*

("In the meantime..."  Spacehog!)

• Upvote 1