Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Sound From My Ux1

Can't figure out what the heck is going on. I was using my UX1 a few nights ago to practice and now no sound.

When I open gear box and tap the 1/4" jack or even hit the opoen strings on my guitar I can see the needle jump on the record send on the meter so I have signal but no sound. I was watching You Tube a few mins ago without the USB plugged into the PC and now with it plug in no sound (I guess it over ride the PC speackers,

I'm using Alesis powered monitors for the UX, must be something simple but I can't figure it out. The OS is vista and looking at the control panel / sound it says (speakers 2 - line 6 UX1, working)

Any help would be awesome

I'm bewildered

Make sure you are using the latest versions of Line 6 software and the latest drivers.  If you are installing from the disk you'll have problems.  Get new versions from here http://line6.com/software.  Start with Line 6 Monkey 1.65.  You can update the rest of your software from there.

Also, you might want to use POD Farm 1.12 instead of Gearbox.  1.12 is a free upgrade and is much better.  Do not install Pod Farm 2.55 unless you are prepared to PAY for the upgrade.

Make sure you are using the latest versions of Line 6 software and the latest drivers.  If you are installing from the disk you'll have problems.  Get new versions from here http://line6.com/software.  Start with Line 6 Monkey 1.65.  You can update the rest of your software from there.

Also, you might want to use POD Farm 1.12 instead of Gearbox.  1.12 is a free upgrade and is much better.  Do not install Pod Farm 2.55 unless you are prepared to PAY for the upgrade.

Ok..........working kinda sorta....got the monkey 1.65 and POD Farm 1.12.........now the sound cuts out when I watching YouTube and iwhen I open control panel snd open line 6 it comes back on..........nutty??? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for my terrible english - translator :)

My problem with UX1 is similar. Well UX is installed in OS Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, Win 8 and the effect is exactly the same. The UX installed correctly. The green led and still no sound in headphones or through the analog output to the speakers .Four different systems and four different computers - no sound. Every time I check the OS sets the UX as the main card and each time there is no sound. Under Vista, 7 and 8 are shown next to the volume slider that responds to the music playing and still can not hear her. Music played in winamp, windows media player, and foobar2000 1.1.6.

I do not know what to do. I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone can help.

Thanks in advance for any advice and ideas. If I do not fix it then I give that interface to the service.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. There is no sound through my ux1.Not only in pod farm. My computer is muted totaly, even if i can see that volume slider is responding to the music I'm playing.  I have updated everything with my line6 monkey but still cant hear anything on my computer

• 4 years later...