Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic 700 -1 string distortion from saddle

I have a variax 700 acoustic. No matter which model I select, I get a good signal on all but one string. Usually the G or D string. It is distorted, fuzzy, whatever you want to call it , and it sounds horrible. If I tap on the saddle with my pick, it'll go back to normal. But it will do it again after a few minutes. 

Just out of curiosity, does Line 6 recommend steel or bronze strings for the variax acoustics? I've tried both and I'm never sure if one or the other is better.

And then there's the model selector knob. It sometimes doesn't engage the next model intill you give it a tap. Not enough of a tap to go into the alt mode (red light) but just a touch to get it to change voices. Does anyone else have any of these issues and is there anything I can do about them?

Thanks !

Bobby

"Can I have a little more talent in my monitor? "

• 3 weeks later...

Would buying the Piezo replacment pack and installing them on the acoustic 700 series work to resolve my fuzzy distorted sound from one string issue ?

Are these hard to install?

Thanks for anyones help

Bobby

"Can I have a little more talent in my monitor? "

1) It might solve it, if it is the piezo and not fret buzz from a Lo-E string,

or some loose connection underneath. 

2) Yes, the piezos can be hard to install if you haven't done one before. Best to

leave that to a Line 6 authorized tech with experience dealing with this.