Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi output powered yes or no ?

loltuner

The MIDI Solutions stuff doesn't require MIDI phantom power, but it's simply using the voltage on the MIDI data lines. I have the Event Processor, and it works with every Line 6 device I've tried it with.

Nope, that's MIDI Phantom Power.

Power Over Midi (in MIDI Solutions stuff at least) means that the device uses the power available on the MIDI serial interface.

It does not work with every MIDI hardware though, it really depends on the way the actual serial interface circuitry is designed.

It's good to know that it works with Helix.

Nope, that's MIDI Phantom Power.

Power Over Midi (in MIDI Solutions stuff at least) means that the device uses the power available on the MIDI serial interface.

It does not work with every MIDI hardware though, it really depends on the way the actual serial interface circuitry is designed.

It's good to know that it works with Helix.

Yep... hence my first comment in this thread. The MIDI solutions stuff is kind "stealing" power from the 5V DC buss power that MIDI operates on. The only time you might run into issues is if the MIDI line is running on 3.3V rather than 5.0V, as mentioned here: http://www.midisolutions.com/faqs.htm

• 11 months later...
On 2/3/2018 at 5:23 PM, phil_m said:

The MIDI Solutions stuff doesn't require MIDI phantom power, but it's simply using the voltage on the MIDI data lines. I have the Event Processor, and it works with every Line 6 device I've tried it with.

Hello phil_m,

I'm interresting to have a midi solution processor plus. I will plug it betwen the helix and the other fx. The helix doesn't have power on the midi out so i have to buy midi solution power adaptateur to ?