Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Getting a new Helix

PhenJ

Hi All,

I've finally gone and bought a Line 6 Helix, which i'm picking up tomorrow with a Yamaha DBR15 speaker. 

In preparation for the equipment tomorrow i've been downloading any updates required for the software and noticed it was at 2.30 for the Helix and wondered do I need to download all the previous updates before installing the 2.30 or can I just download 2.30 and receive all of the FX and Amps from the previous updates at the same time? 

Sorry for possibly such a simple question, but i'm eager to get everything installed straight away and get playing! :)

Thank you in advance!

PhenJ

Hi All,

I've finally gone and bought a Line 6 Helix, which i'm picking up tomorrow with a Yamaha DBR15 speaker.

In preparation for the equipment tomorrow i've been downloading any updates required for the software and noticed it was at 2.30 for the Helix and wondered do I need to download all the previous updates before installing the 2.30 or can I just download 2.30 and receive all of the FX and Amps from the previous updates at the same time?

Sorry for possibly such a simple question, but i'm eager to get everything installed straight away and get playing! :)

Thank you in advance!

PhenJ

Best to wait until you get it, and see what firmware is already in there. 2.3 has been around for a couple of months now. Plus, the 2.5 update is dropping in a matter of days... you'll find several threads around here discussing it ad nauseam. May as well wait for that.

• Upvote 2

I got my Helix about a month ago.  The firmware was old, old, old, something like 1.2.  I plugged it in and installed 2.3 with no problem at all.  Intermediate updates were not required.

Thanks for posting this! You highlight the fact that as long as you are not interested in doing a full state backup before going to HX Edit (2.3 at the moment) it looks like it is no problem going directly from an old version of the Editor/Firmware to what is currently the latest without an interim update. A particularly handy piece of information for people who have just received a new Helix and don't have to be concerned yet about restoring full backups (setlists, IRs, and global settings). Here is the quote from the HX Edit 2.3 release notes:

- Full State Backup and Restore—Helix supports the all-new HX Edit application’s ability to perform full-state backup and restore. IMPORTANT! You MUST be running Helix firmware 2.20 or higher to use full state backup and restore! 

• Upvote 1