Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 won't communicate with my mac os sierra

adamcesante

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here with the 500x and High Sierra.

As soon I start the Monkey app it says: "A new recommended Line6 Monkey upddte is availabLe", installed twice (?) but nothing has changed. Very strange...

Trying to update drivers or firmware has no success because "Could not establish a connection to the Pod HD 500x

Checked and changed USB cable, restarted the Mac but no luck.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too am having the same issue trying to install the HD 500x “ Vintage Pack” it says the “drivers are installed along with the “USB software” but when you go tthe License Manager, it doesn’t show anything and does not appear to be communicating with the Pod HD. Have an open ticket and they tell me to do things that I’ve already tried.

When they say give permission, they are speaking of going to System Prefernces, Keyboard, then make sure if the “Allow all tools” is checked, and that you check “Allow Apple, and identified Developers” is checked.. not just “Apple”, did that too still no luck. Going to try once more. If it doesn’t work I’m returning the vintage pack. Hope this helps, a little.

Harleymon

My POD HD500 will not communicate with my Mac. I've followed all of the above steps and still having issues. 

When I open the Line 6 Monkey it 'does' recognize the HD500, however when I go to install 'USB firmware' it tells me that it 'Could not establish a connection to the HD500' 

Attached are the screenshots of the issue. 

It seems like the HD500 itself is not able to connect to the mac, even though the mac recognizes the HD500. So, i'm not 100% sure how to go about fixing it. Other than potentially connecting to an older version of Mac / Windows that would let the HD500 communicate to the computer and then update the firmware. Then I would assume you'd be able to connect to the Mac from there. 

Can anyone from Line6 or other computer nerds help?? 

Thank you. 

Monkey line 6 11.17.18.png

USB error Line 6.png

If you are connecting to a USB Hub and not directly into your MAC, could be a possible issue. As well as close out all Running programs. Like anti virus if you have it, etc. 

I have a HD500X and the New Monkey update.1.78 does Not recognize my PODHD500X. Drop down Menu does not have the PDHD500X listed.. go figure

Good Luck

Harleymon

I have some good news, sorta, but it took a reformat of my MacBook Air back to OS X Sierra then I loaded line six monkey but Not the latest. I went back on the downloads page and went back to pre high Sierra monkey and downloaded that as well as drivers and license manager.  Then I made sure I did the same with HD edite and HD workbench   Then I tried loading the “Vintage Model” pack and the monkey and license manager both see my 500x. And the vintage pack loaded. One thing to note,  Apple is using a new method on your primary hard drive,  that I understand came with High Sierra update, controlling your ability to load software from non authorized developers   This is why I think that line 6 newer monkey and license manager Don’t See your pod 500 and 500x   

Hope this helps 

Harleymon 

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue. Macbook pro, pod hd pro x . 

Line 6 monkey ( 1.78 latest version) tells me i need a driver update, , it doesnt recognise the pod either thro usb or midi interface , i update to latest driver ( 7.6.8) . It shows as icon on desktop when download is done, but then disappears when machine is rebooted. 

There is no sign of the machine is the ‘ system, sexurity and privacy driver installation change business so its not geting blocked there, 

v. Frustrating. I like the pod hd so have just upgraded to pro from desktop version  and havent tried to connect up before . Having read the stories its looks like line 6 arent good with Monkey eh?

theres enough kerfuffle about a common problem im surprised we havent heard from a line 6 employee ( naivete on my part?) 

c’mon Line 6 - are u listening ?

• 3 weeks later...

Solution!

Uninstall drivers using Line6 Uninstaller.

Open System Preferences\Security & Privacy

Install driver from package. Don't install from Monkey as it wouldn't work for me.

As soon as installer launches, Security & Privacy will pop up that "package can't be verified" or something... Just approve it.

Restart

• 2 weeks later...

macuco's suggestion worked for me.

I'm running a MacBook Pro with OS Mojave 10.14.2 using the USB cable (with a USB-C) adapter into my newish POD HD Pro X.

I went to System Preferences and selected Security & Privacy on the top row of icons

I then selected the General tab. 

I unlocked the lock icon to make changes.

Down where it says "Allow apps downloaded from" I had the message "Line 6 Monkey is blocked something something". I clicked the Allow button next to it. 

I restarted my laptop. When I brought everything back up, I was able to connect to the POD HD Pro X, update the drivers, Flash Memory and USB Firmware. 

I was also able to successfully connect the Pod HD Pro X Edit software to the unit and download the presets.

My Photoshop skills are only slightly worse than my guitar playing, but here's a screenshot of the Security & Privacy screen with an arrow showing where to look for the message about allowing Line 6 Monkey to work. (The message isn't there because I'd already hit the Allow button). 

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 1.53.47 PM.png