Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two Quick HX Effects / Helix Questions - Help!

nmcasale

Hey everyone,

Loving this new HX effects and have my head wrapped around most of it but still have two questions:

1) How do I create a block that has no FTSW assignment w/o affecting the rest of the preset or overwriting one of my 6 effect patches. For example: I want a boost at the start of a chain in a preset, how can I set that up without screwing with any of the other effects I've dialed in.

2) How do I set a FTSW to turn on 2 effects at the same time? For example a drive and an EQ both turned on by FTSW 3.

Thanks a lot.

Hey everyone,

Loving this new HX effects and have my head wrapped around most of it but still have two questions:

1) How do I create a block that has no FTSW assignment w/o affecting the rest of the preset or overwriting one of my 6 effect patches. For example: I want a boost at the start of a chain in a preset, how can I set that up without screwing with any of the other effects I've dialed in.

2) How do I set a FTSW to turn on 2 effects at the same time? For example a drive and an EQ both turned on by FTSW 3.

Thanks a lot.

Hi nmcasale,

Glad you are enjoying your new toy.

I remember when I first got my Helix and turned it on, it lit up like the flight deck of the starship Enterprise. WOW! A little bit daunting, but those good people at Line 6 had supplied a well illustrated cheat sheet and a user manual that wasn’t crammed with jargon. It was pretty easy to understand - like a version of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy! Don’t Panic! I soon was fearlessly navigating around the internal workings of the big black box with ease. So, much as I hate to say this, RTFM! It annoys the hell out of me when people suggest that, BUT....

Two Quick HX Effects / Helix Questions - Help!

I just spent about 30 seconds glancing a the HX Effects manual and it seems to me what you are seeking is:

1. Do something that may be possible by using a “snapshotâ€

2. Assign 2 effects to 1 Foot switch

The answer to 1 should be on page 25, Snapshots, and answer 2 - check page 29 for toggling between 2 or more FX.

The manual is your friend - hope this is some help.

Former Helix owner, now a Helix HX Effects owner.

Both of your requests can be accomplished from the Signal Flow page.

The way the HX and the Helix work is similar in a lot of ways, yet very different in how to accomplish things.

Presets are actually snapshots.

I have a volume pedal at the end of each signal flow, yet don't want (or need) a footswitch delegated to it. 

You chose "None" under footswitch assignment. The block stays in your flow but is always on or off, depending on how you set it up.

And that is the same place you can have a single footswitch assigned to one or more blocks. Just use the "Switch" assignment and turn the 3rd small knob.

Hope that helps.