CraigGT

Midi Thru and SysEx

So I've been messing around trying to get Strymon Nixie to work through my Helix and I've discovered that Nixie sends out a SysEx message when It's trying to detect the pedals but the Helix doesn't appear to either output the SysEx message or pass it thru.

Has anyone else tried to get this or something similar working without using a merge box?

Craig

On 2/6/2018 at 6:52 PM, CraigGT said:

So I've been messing around trying to get Strymon Nixie to work through my Helix and I've discovered that Nixie sends out a SysEx message when It's trying to detect the pedals but the Helix doesn't appear to either output the SysEx message or pass it thru.

Has anyone else tried to get this or something similar working without using a merge box?

Craig

I ran into the same problem with my HX Stomp. I daisy-chain all my MIDI pedals and the Stomp apparently doesn't forward the sysex correctly, so Nixie doesn't work.

Did you find a solution?

@CraigGT

Just found your answer in another forum (about the MIDI merge box)

Still would love that the Stomp forwards all MIDI messages correctly... Doesn't seem like an impossible task after all.

I guess I'd need a box with 1 MIDI in and 2 MIDI outs for my daisychain

On 11/15/2019 at 2:07 PM, moehuh said:

@CraigGT

Just found your answer in another forum (about the MIDI merge box)

Still would love that the Stomp forwards all MIDI messages correctly... Doesn't seem like an impossible task after all.

I guess I'd need a box with 1 MIDI in and 2 MIDI outs for my daisychain

Yes I ended up with a "MIDI Solutions" Merge box. It's handy because it can be powered by one of the midi in's.

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmrg.htm

Craig