Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

And another thing with Midi.

CraigGT

It seems a bit annoying that if you're in the command centre setting up a midi program change for an instant command, that the only way I can see that you've got it correct is to save the preset then recall it.

It would make life a lot easier if the command was sent when you changed it.

Unless I'm missing something of cause.

Craig

I know what you mean.  I was playing with the MIDI instant feature too and faced that issue.  However the "instant" feature by definition means it will be sent instantly when you select/change to a preset.  So you need to change the preset to send the message.  That's what instant means and how it works.  Of course if you don't save before changing you lose your setting.  Maybe it would be good to have a "Send" or "Test" button there to test it before committing to it?

What I wound up doing was either saving it as you did, or temporarily assigning to a footswitch just to test the message and if it does what I want, then assign it to instant and remove the footswitch assignment.  Either way it does take a couple of steps.

I'm going to try it all again to be sure I'm not missing something.

I know what you mean.  I was playing with the MIDI instant feature too and faced that issue.  However the "instant" feature by definition means it will be sent instantly when you select/change to a preset.  So you need to change the preset to send the message.  That's what instant means and how it works.  Of course if you don't save before changing you lose your setting.  Maybe it would be good to have a "Send" or "Test" button there to test it before committing to it?

What I wound up doing was either saving it as you did, or temporarily assigning to a footswitch just to test the message and if it does what I want, then assign it to instant and remove the footswitch assignment.  Either way it does take a couple of steps.

I'm going to try it all again to be sure I'm not missing something.

Instant commands are also sent with snapshot changes.

Is the Helix supposed to send Aftertouch messages?  I'm monitoring the Helix MIDI output stream using MIDI-OX.  When I change presets MIDI_OX shows Aftertouch messages in addition to bank/program change messages being sent.  If I disable sending program change that turns them off but I still get Aftertouch.  I can't find any documentation or discussion about this.