Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Has Anyone Successfully Updated To 2.0 Without Pod Hd500(x)?

Still haven't pulled the trigger on a JTV.  Concerned about screwing it up in Workbench HD and not having a POD HD500 to revert to prior firmware, then reflash to 2.0.

Seems to be a concern here.  I like my POD HD300 and don't really want the complications or cost of the 500x.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks, Bob

I was concerned about the Spank problem if I used Workbench to modify certain banks.  I know there's a corrected bank I can download and load from another site (vguitar), but if I had to flash back to an earlier firmware and back to 2.0 with the dongle, that was my concern.

I have just purchased a jtv69 and somehow tried to update to the latest firmware through workbench HD but it failed 3 times, it would not complete.

The lights on the guitar stayed red... The vdi started to flash and the guitar stopped working. In all, tried 3 times, had to remove the battery to regain control but still no sounds... Got a bit worried for a bit. Then I unplugged all cables and restarted the procedures again...failed, started workbench and decided to upload all to the guitar and by miracle everything is now working. I consider myself quite good working on computers but this was a pain! The Spank model has no difference in sound fro position 2 and 3. Is this a bug?