Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit: red dots in signal flow … what are they indicating?

Optimist

Hey everybody,

while waiting for 2.50 I am fiddling around with a »Cocteau Twinish« (say »Robin Guthrieish«) Dream Pop/Ambient preset.

A single coil Fernandez Revolver Classic Guitar (with Sustainer) runs thru Vol (Swell), EQ, Comp into a clean Jazz Rivet (JC120).

After a Cosmos Echo (Stereo) Path A is splitted into 1A and 1B.

1A runs into 2A.

1B runs into 2B.

After the split all paths have different choruses, delays and verbs to thicken up everything.

At the end 2A and 2B are merged with 70%R/70%L setting and walk into the stereo looper.

Everything sounds great.

But at the end of path 1B and the beginning of path 2B I see some »red dots«, indicating »something’s wrong« i.e. missing merge/split or something like that.

See picture, big arrows pointing at those dots.

Question: is something actual wrong? What do these dots mean?

Thanks in advance,

Opti

dots.jpg

Those are the Split and Merge blocks. If you selected that one in Path 1B and pulled it up to Path 1A, it would merge those paths back together. Same thing as the one in Path 2A.

OK … so these are just »handles«, right? I mean, normally Split/Merge blocks are invisible unless you need them.

But the red color just indicates »something wrong«, I think … anyway thanks!

OK … so these are just »handles«, right? I mean, normally Split/Merge blocks are invisible unless you need them.

But the red color just indicates »something wrong«, I think … anyway thanks!

Yeah, just handles... I think they just made them red in the new editor to make them easier to see when you have the paths split like this.

• Upvote 1