Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Extended Warranty: Thank you CS

dbraman

I just tried to purchase the newly announced extended warranty and was declined because my unit was out of warranty. What kind of Catch 22 nonsense is that? I was a very early adopter...purchasing mine in Sept of 2015. Of course it's out of warranty...but they only just offered this program. How about giving us early adopters a chance to buy in. This is no way to reward customers who early on saw the great potential of product back in the 1.0 days. Come on Line 6...you can do better than this!! :angry:

I just tried to purchase the newly announced extended warranty and was declined because my unit was out of warranty. What kind of Catch 22 nonsense is that? I was a very early adopter...purchasing mine in Sept of 2015. Of course it's out of warranty...but they only just offered this program. How about giving us early adopters a chance to buy in. This is no way to reward customers who early on saw the great potential of product back in the 1.0 days. Come on Line 6...you can do better than this!! :angry:

Have you tired calling Customer Service?  They are very friendly and helpful and I'm confident that will do whatever it takes to make you happy.  And for the record, I believe this was offered before your warranty ran out in September.  I got my Helix around the same time (September 2017) and the extended warranty was offered to me when I registered it.

So... are you saying that the extended warranty isn't BS after all? That the title of this thread is misleading?

To the OP and anyone else who has ever wanted to change their topic title: You can change the title of your topic by clicking 'Edit' on your original post and then clicking the 'Use Full Editor' button. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

sadly my helix has developed multiple problems.. for some reason i thought i had 2 years warranty (which would have been up this month) but realized only in the U.S it is available so i'm stuck with it as is for the time being which is a bummer, the local music shop, which has never had a helix instore asked me to bring it in to show them but not sure i'll be doing that.. a touch capacitor, the block selector button and mic input have all died 😢

With my warranty expiring in May, I was considering the wisdom of extending the warranty for one year at the $99 charge. I am wondering how others are thinking about this option.

It all depends on how much you're willing to spend for peace of mind, vs the likelihood that something will actually go wrong. Generally speaking, extended warranties are nothing more than money making scams, preying on one's fears of a defective or suddenly inoperable device. Big Box electronics chains have been raking in money like this forever, and mostly you end up throwing your money away, because 99% of the time stuff outlasts the warranty.

The ONLY reason I'd consider it in this case, is that L6 is asking considerably less (as a percentage of the unit's original cost) than most extended warranties that I've had waved in my face over the years. It's not unusual for them to add an extra 15-20% to the cost of a device, which imho, is absurd. May as well move across the pond and pay a VAT tax on everything you buy...but I digress.

The MacBook Pro I bought a couple years ago was $2K, and Apple wanted another $350 for an extra year of coverage. I laughed. That's almost 18%... whereas L6 is asking about 6-7% of the unit's original cost, which is considerably more reasonable, as far as I'm concerned.

I purchased mine in 2016 and after reading this thread, I checked my warranty status and saw that I was out of warranty by nearly a month.  I called customer service to inquire about adding a warranty after the fact.  After consulting with his manager, he told me he just learned that there is a 30 day grace period between the time of warranty expiration and purchasing an extended warranty.  I beat that grace period by 2 days....whew!  Anyway, I hope this info helps anyone in a similar situation.

I had an RMA sent to me back in September of 2016.  Line 6 Tony explained that the warranty is a pickup of where my original warranty fell off as I purchased the original in March of 2016.  Before I had the conversation with Tony I realized my original registration was gone due to the RMA so I went and set it up using the September 27th 2016 date which was wrong. I was able to correct this to reflect the March 8, 2016 date and attach the Guitar Center shipping email receipt of purchase as well as a snippet of the RMA support thread into a PDF as my proof of purchase.  I also called support today to tell them I had made the mistake.  The gentleman told me that they are a little flexible about the date due to the Guitar Center shipping versus ordering versus actual in my hot hands timeline so not to worry.

In addition, two days ago I purchased the Extended warranty with instant replacement while at the shop.  This provides me immediate shipping of a loaner until mine is returned.  For me that type of cost versus the out-of pocket cost of full replacement is great peace of mind as a well as a small percentage compared to the costs other companies have "offered" me in the past.

Line 6 is a rare breed to allow us this type of understanding, flexibility, and customer service.  Just wanted to give a shout out to the CS and the whole Line 6 company.

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...

Today is more or less the day I have to decide whether to buy extended coverage from Line 6 or not. I'm not gigging these days, so I don't think I need instant replacement, but I do use it almost every day, and would very much like to avoid expensive repair bills.

I had pretty much decided to get the Line 6 warranty, but I just realized that I bought my Helix new from Sweetwater, who have their own free 2 year warranty, so I'm less certain.

The Line 6 one still has advantages...

- Can be extended further later if I want

- Covers shipping both ways

- Chances are excellent that Sweetwater would have to ship a complex digital thing like this back to Line 6 to get it fixed anyway, so the direct factory warranty is likely to be significantly quicker door to door.

How are other folks who bought from Sweetwater thinking about this? Free one or paid extension?