Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.50 - Elephant Man Delay Time Issue

jws1982

Helix Floor. 2.30-2.50 upgrade. Just noticed that elephant man delay uses 1/8 delay time whether you set it to 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or 1/1 on 2.50 firmware. I don’t know if it did that on previous firmware versions. Other delays worked fine for me. I haven’t done any restores or resets after the firmware upgrade. Anyone else able to reproduce this?

Oh, and the Friedman model is fantastic!

The max delay time on the Elephant Man is 500ms, and tapping in a bpm that results in longer delay than that with your division setting will be “recalculated†to a setting that is both possible and on-beat. This function has the appearance of “ignoring†the division setting as you describe. I suspect this is what you’re up against. I first experienced it in 2.30, so it’s been around at least that long.

• 10 months later...

I’ve also come across this issue. Is line6 working on it? I desperately need this fixed.

They should prioritize this. It’s the classic “The Edge” delay. And we all now the dotted delay we want it to be. So weird that it can’t be done. How do we get them to listen???!!!?

35 minutes ago, jacobmilton said:

I’ve also come across this issue. Is line6 working on it? I desperately need this fixed.

They should prioritize this. It’s the classic “The Edge” delay. And we all now the dotted delay we want it to be. So weird that it can’t be done. How do we get them to listen???!!!?

The DMM is one of the classic Edge delays, but it’s not the only one. He used it for the early U2 albums, and then moved onto the Korg SDD-3000, which allowed him to get much longer delay times. So if you hear him using a longer delay time, it’s not the DMM.

If you want a BBD style delay with a longer max time on the Helix, try the Adriatic Delay.

8 hours ago, jacobmilton said:

what is BBD?

https://www.electrosmash.com/mn3007-bucket-brigade-devices

Helix buckets are dissapionting :( I happen to have EHX Memory Toy with BBD chips made by Behringer which is inferior to Memory Man. Comparision with Hx simulation is painful. Helix Buckets are dark and muffled. I do not understand why keep max delay time compatible with "originals" while sound is far from being "original" simulated.

14 hours ago, zolko60 said:

https://www.electrosmash.com/mn3007-bucket-brigade-devices

Helix buckets are dissapionting :( I happen to have EHX Memory Toy with BBD chips made by Behringer which is inferior to Memory Man. Comparision with Hx simulation is painful. Helix Buckets are dark and muffled. I do not understand why keep max delay time compatible with "originals" while sound is far from being "original" simulated.

I don’t think there disappointing at all... I mean there’s a lot of variability in analog delay circuits across the board. I still have the Chase Bliss Tonal Recall RKM pedal, and I think the Adriatic Delay compares very well to it. I mean, honestly, I think keeping the pedal is redundant, but I like it...

I also have that Behringer Memory Man clone... It’s kind of fun if for making noise, but good for much else.