Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some painful issues on my second hand helix

Nandocaster

Hi everyone!

Two months ago i got a Helix but with a year and a half of use already. Everything was ok but two or three weeks ago it started to do strange things... like Buzzing in the XLR output (the cable was new), the big volume pot is making noise in the signal some times (i need to move it a little to fix it), and the worst of all: one of the footswitches makes 2 pulses in one, it is that when i push it, it's like if i push it two times, futhermore is the footswitch that starts the recordings in the loop and as you can imagine... it become VERY annoying. 

So my question is: is the warranty going to help me or i should sell the last kidney? Note: i registered as mine a month ago

Hi everyone!

Two months ago i got a Helix but with a year and a half of use already. Everything was ok but two or three weeks ago it started to do strange things... like Buzzing in the XLR output (the cable was new), the big volume pot is making noise in the signal some times (i need to move it a little to fix it), and the worst of all: one of the footswitches makes 2 pulses in one, it is that when i push it, it's like if i push it two times, futhermore is the footswitch that starts the recordings in the loop and as you can imagine... it become VERY annoying. 

So my question is: is the warranty going to help me or i should sell the last kidney? Note: i registered as mine a month ago

The Helix warranty is transferable so as long as you are still within the first two years and have some documentation(copy of receipt, etc.) from the original owner you should be able to get it serviced under warranty. As MusicLaw indicated I would get a hold of Line6 right away. They may be able to help you out even if you don't have documentation. Also, if you are still under warranty they now offer two years of extended warranty service but you are supposed to purchase it apparently while you are still under the original warranty. Might be well worth doing with the bucks you saved on a used device for the peace of mind.

Hi everyone!

Likely the previous owner spilled something on it.

Hi there!

Yesterday in the morning i talked with the technical service and this afternoon i will send it away... [i think i am going to feel nude without my helix :( ]. I have read about the warranty extension, but it's only on US, isn't it? I am from Spain... do i have any chance to extend it?

Could be a water damage :(

OMG NO, i love it like a son xDDD 

Likely the previous owner spilled something on it.

I think not, but how knows?