Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crash and Burn

jzuzio

I'm running OS 10.9 and I installed the 1.12 version of the updater and the 2.51 version of the HX Edit.  When the Helix floor unit is on and plugged in via USB, both programs crash.  The updater and Editor both open up when Helix isn't plugged in, but as soon as it's on and plugged in, both crash.  So I've yet to update to firmware 2.5.  Some people are saying they're having trouble because of the servers being overloaded, but I don't think that would cause both programs to keep crashing when the floor unit is plugged in.  Not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I want in on the 2.50 fun!  Any suggestions?

You can't have both applications running at the same time when you're connected to your Helix.  The device can only communicate with one application at a time.  Exit out of all applications (including Logic Pro, MainStage, etc.) and run the Line 6 Updater by itself.  It should work for you then.

They both crash independently of one another.  I run only the updater and it crashes if the Helix is on and plugged in.  I run only the HX Edit and it crashes when the Helix is on and plugged in.  Not sure what else I'm doing wrong.  The USB is plugged directly and not through a hub.  

Forgive me if you have already tried the usual stuff recommended here. Uninstall the Line6 software and reinstall HX Edit 2.51. Unplug everything from your USB and other ports until you only have a mouse and keyboard attached. Reboot your computer. Close every program and process you can. Now try every USB port. If none of th attached USB ports are working, although it usually makes things worse, if you have a USB hub laying around, try that. Not a Mac user but if nothing is working and there are any crash logs you can check, see if they offer any threads you can follow. If this works you can reattach your peripherals one by one again as well as restarting processes or programs until you nail down what specifically is causing the issue.