Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Glitz reverb stereo image is unusual

kylotan

I've only spent literally 5 minutes with it, but I've noticed that the new Glitz reverb stereo model seems to want to put more of the reverb tails on the right hand side. This seems to be something to do with the Modulation - it seems to only be the frequencies above Xover level, and if Mod Mix is turned down to zero, this goes away entirely.

Is this intentional? And are there any instructions for these new reverbs yet?

I've only spent literally 5 minutes with it, but I've noticed that the new Glitz reverb stereo model seems to want to put more of the reverb tails on the right hand side. This seems to be something to do with the Modulation - it seems to only be the frequencies above Xover level, and if Mod Mix is turned down to zero, this goes away entirely.

Is this intentional? And are there any instructions for these new reverbs yet?

Good, it's not just me...I noticed the same thing, but had limited time to mess with it yesterday. Not so noticeable on clean tones tones, but with a little dirt, it sounded just plain weird.

See this post (yesterday) on TGP: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25811583/

Not sure it will address the issue you have identified, but they will be working on the Mix Parameter. 

You may wish to submit a Support Ticket just to be sure this is brought to the Support Team's attention. 

See this post (yesterday) on TGP: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25811583/

Not sure it will address the issue you have identified, but they will be working on the Mix Parameter.

You may wish to submit a Support Ticket just to be sure this is brought to the Support Team's attention.

All makes sense as i have been using the reverbs and not replicating the problem to the degree people saying they have experienced it.... but then I always use stereo reverbs, so that makes sense... there is a bug in mono

I'm confident the Line 6 Dev Team is hard at work on these Reverbs, as well as continuing to optimize many aspects of the Helix platform as they get closer to converging and consolidating the Helix Core code across the platform. As Digital Igloo recently posted, he anticipates that it may be several (he mentioned three) more months. I can't imagine that with all the effort getting these several new HX level Reverbs out the door for fw 2.50, they aren't still working on improving Reverbs, Delays, and much more! And, keep in mind that later this year we may see what they have in store for fw 3.0.

I am now sure they are actually the same issue. Someone better open a support ticket on this one.

Sorry I meant earlier that I am NOT sure if they are the same issue. Despite our trust on line 6 devs, I think it’s prudent to open a support ticket to make sure or confirm they are indeed aware of this issue.

On another note, I am surprised that not many other folks have found / complained the same issue. Though not clear from my single FRFR, The right side heavy sound is quite obvious on a headphone.

The right side heavy sound is quite obvious on a headphone.

I've found that setting the "mod mix" parameter to ~2.5, and the crossover freq. to somewhere between 4-5 KHz seems to *almost* center the stereo image... don't ask me why. 😉 It's not 100%, but it doesn't sound nearly as odd in headphones.

• 10 months later...

Just returning to this reverb today and sadly still finding it unusable because of this problem. With the mix up to 100% you can play with the mod mix parameter and easily see that the modulated signal is up to 12dB louder on the right. With the mix at more regular levels it's still noticeably off-centre and hard to correct without collapsing it to mono.

• Sad 1