Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

When's the 2.60 firmware coming? It's only been 12 hours!

brue58ski

On average it's +0.1 every 4 months - how many 0.1's they do seems to be variable lately ;-)

But let's be honest - the outlook that Line 6 keeps working on a fairly constant flow of upgrades (free or possibly not so in the future) is exciting.

Looks like I will be happy for a good long time ...

Funny title for a topic but maybe there is more here than meets the eye. I'm sure everyone has taken note of the fact that the new HX Edit version is 2.51 but the firmware version is 2.50. Perhaps they are planning on releasing a 2.51 firmware in short order to fix some of the bugs that have been reported in the new firmware or to address known ones? Of course let's hope there are no bugs in the new Editor or that would muck up that whole plan to re-synch the Editor and firmware revision numbers. Gonna need a new HX Edit revision number and firmware number if that is the case.  ;)

All kidding aside, I have found Line 6 to be pretty good about supporting their products with updates to FW and SW. Other companies, not so much. Yamaha/Roland comes to mind as a company that doesn't.

You do know who has owned Line 6 since 2013, right? :D

Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.Sorry.

I just had to do it. :D

As funny as it might be its not that bad

of a question.BE-100 (Clean channel coming later) Lonestar (Ch1 coming later) Also Being that I dont read everything it was a nice surprise to see the ability to assign effects to FS pedals with the editor.

• 2 months later...

Bump... :D

No but seriously, I only got a Helix a couple of months ago and haven't had one for very long, is there some kind of pattern to the frequency of their release? Or, if not, what's the longest and shortest time between two major patch releases, does anyone know? Rough estimates are welcome.

You can go to the Downloads section of this website. Filter for Helix (Product) and Flash Memory (Software). This will display a list of all firmware updates including the date of each.

A new version of HX Edit, with full support for the Helix LT product, has been announced and expected by June 21. Beyond that there are no firm release dates for Helix firmware.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, silverhead said:

You can go to the Downloads section of this website. Filter for Helix (Product) and Flash Memory (Software). This will display a list of all firmware updates including the date of each.

A new version of HX Edit, with full support for the Helix LT product, has been announced and expected by June 21. Beyond that there are no firm release dates for Helix firmware.

I think you mean full support for the HX Effects product?

Not so worried about the numbers picked to describe the next update, I just pray that it will fix the midi command problem with snapshots!!! This is no minor issue, this has Helix significantly crippled! I'm sure I don't stand alone in anticipation of a speedy, but clean, and productive update! Any news would be great though?!?

10 hours ago, Roberttheprole said:

Not so worried about the numbers picked to describe the next update, I just pray that it will fix the midi command problem with snapshots!!! This is no minor issue, this has Helix significantly crippled! I'm sure I don't stand alone in anticipation of a speedy, but clean, and productive update! Any news would be great though?!?

I'm with you man.  It's pretty frustrating that they aren't releasing a 2.55 patch to correct a major defect.  I'm all for more cool tones but I'd rather wait on that for this defect to be resolved.

• Like 1