Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX EDIT 2.51

Fretgames

When you first run HX Edit 2.51 and display its About page, it shows the version of an attached Helix and the version of HX Edit. The version of Helix will still be 2.3 (or whatever version is in your unit) until you update it with Line 6 Updater. 

The installation process has changed a little with 2.5. Be sure to follow the new instructions.

• Upvote 1

It sounds like maybe you are trying to open a firmware(Flash) file by clicking on it. If so don't do that.

As jaybee77 stated the current editor version for HX Effects is 2.51. The current firmware(Flash) version is 2.50. It sounds like you may have already updated your firmware version to 2.50. If that is the case just download and install "HX Edit 2.51". This will download the latest Editor, Updater, and driver(if on Windows). You can then use the "HX Edit" editor with your device

If your HX Effects is not updated to the 2.50 firmware yet, download and install "HX Edit 2.51" as described above, run the "LIne6 Updater" and click the initial graphic with your device and current firmware version displayed and it will walk you through the rest of the firmware upgrade process.

Thank you Jaybee77 and Guru. Yes I already updated my Helix to 2.50 using El Capitan 10.11.6. I'm trying to install the 2.51 edit. I open it and a window appears with a pre set list, it's showing a connected device (HX pedal) but nothing is happening. Firmware is still 2.50. What is the install procedure?

Thank you Jaybee77 and Guru. Yes I already updated my Helix to 2.50 using El Capitan 10.11.6. I'm trying to install the 2.51 edit. I open it and a window appears with a pre set list, it's showing a connected device (HX pedal) but nothing is happening. Firmware is still 2.50. What is the install procedure?

You need to click on that graphic showing your device and current firmware version. That will start the upgrade process. Just read the directions after that and click the buttons.

Here's a potentially relevant poinht from the HX Edit 2.51 release notes:

HX Effects support: HX Effects can now utilize the HX Edit application as a preset librarian and IR loader. Full preset editing capability is coming to HX Edit Spring of 2018

So when you say '... nothing is happening...' is that possibly because you expect to be able to select presets for editing? If so, as the note says, that ability is not yet implemented.

Hey I've got a problem with the new version too. I have a Helix LT and updated to 2.5 just fine. However the HX Edit 2.51 is crashing few seconds after starting. 2.30 version works fine but it's missing new effects and amps so it's annoying. Anyone is having similar issues? I'm using 2012 Macbook pro and Os Mavericks

Hey I've got a problem with the new version too. I have a Helix LT and updated to 2.5 just fine. However the HX Edit 2.51 is crashing few seconds after starting. 2.30 version works fine but it's missing new effects and amps so it's annoying. Anyone is having similar issues? I'm using 2012 Macbook pro and Os Mavericks

I'm crashing every time I run the updater and/or editor (ver. 2.50 and 2.51) too and I'm using a desktop mac with os maverick.  I am thinking of upgrading the os to see if that helps.  

I'm crashing every time I run the updater and/or editor (ver. 2.50 and 2.51) too and I'm using a desktop mac with os maverick.  I am thinking of upgrading the os to see if that helps.  

Sorry Guys, looks like you are going to have to upgrade your OS.

The final line of the release notes for Firmware 2.50, under improvements and changes, states:

Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer supported.

Hopefully, that will clear up the issues you are currently having.

damn. Ok thanks guys! I don't have a SSD in my Macbook so I feared of upgrading so my Mac wouldn't die but I guess there is no option now...

Hi jozyil,

This should not be a problem, you don’t need a SSD to do it.

This link should help you to check your hardware, 2012 MacBook Pro models are listed as able to upgrade to OS High Sierra.

https://www.apple.com/uk/macos/how-to-upgrade/

If that’s too frightening, update to El Cap first, that should work.

• 2 weeks later...