Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem updating

R_Z1

Hello.  I've updated my helix on this same computer over and over.  I use Firefox.  But today it's not letting me.  When I press the download on the update page, I get to the accept page and then as it's about to begin, I get an error message.  I've attached it below.  I've updated both the updater and the HX Edit.  Any idea?  Thanks, Ron

post-1165654-0-22173400-1518130478_thumb.jpg

I just bought an HX Effects. Super Excited.... Saw the note to make sure to update the firmware to 2.50. So I did immediately. I Was VERY upset when the updater kept crashing on Windows 7  or (on Windows10) would not find the device. Even got an RMA from Sweetwater to return it, after Line6 support came up empty, telling me that "It's not a normal problem we've seen." The techs at Sweetwater had seen it reported already but had no workaround.

Here's how to solve it.

Don't waste your time on 1) Driver installation  2) Updater download.

Instead....

Download the entire HX Edit suite, which contains everything. That package registered the new drivers and Windows was able to recognize the device, update the firmware... and now I am in business.

Keep Rockin.

Don't even bother downloading the Line6 Updater or firmware(Flash) file separately and definitely don't click directly on the firmware file. Just do a Helix backup and download and install HX Edit 2.51 and let it unpack the new Editor, Updater, and driver(if on Windows) for you. Then open up the "Line6 Updater" click on the graphic that has a picture of your device and your current version of the firmware on the initial screen, and let the Updater walk you through the rest of the firmware update. It will grab the firmware version(2.50) you point to automatically. Make sure you don't have the Editor open when you start the Updater.

• Upvote 1

Thank you!!  What happened is when I had clicked on the updater, it showed Helix 2.3.  I was confused and thought that it wanted to update it to 2.3.  But once I pressed enter it did the rest.

I just bought an HX Effects, and the updater  1.2 crashes on every windows box I own. Tried 4 Windows7 and 1 Windows10.

RETURN. What a POS.

Hmm... Well, that's not normal. I've been using Windows 10 along with Line 6 Updater for the last few years now, and have never had a problem.

I remember being confused by that as well the first time I did an update.  :)

At my age, if I remember what I had for breakfast, I'm doing good.  Seriously though, I thought for sure I used to download it from the Line 6 site.  But now, I'll go through the updater.  Can't wait to get some time to try out all the new stuff.  Thanks again all!!!!