Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass player and a new/proud Helix owner!

Chris_Zahn

Hi guys!

I recently purchased a Line 6 Helix! After months of reading information online and also getting an amazing hands-on demo with a Line 6 representative in a music store close to home here in Melbourne, Australia!

This unit cannot be praised enough in my opinion. I love how much color and variety its given my tone on the Dingwall and Its really refreshing seeing all of these regular firmware updates.

Look forward to talking to you all over time.

Best regards

27540262_1954834371213092_79409484705164

Hi guys!

I recently purchased a Line 6 Helix! After months of reading information online and also getting an amazing hands-on demo with a Line 6 representative in a music store close to home here in Melbourne, Australia!

This unit cannot be praised enough in my opinion. I love how much color and variety its given my tone on the Dingwall and Its really refreshing seeing all of these regular firmware updates.

Look forward to talking to you all over time.

Best regards

27540262_1954834371213092_79409484705164

LOL, this photo could easily be used in Line6's next "Guitar Player" magazine ad campaign.  Now that is a player blissing out on their Helix. No doubt they would probably photoshop in a scantily clad woman holding a bass next to you.  ;)

• Upvote 1

LOL, this photo could easily be used in Line6's next "Guitar Player" magazine ad campaign.  Now that is a player blissing out on their Helix. No doubt they would probably photoshop in a scantily clad woman holding a bass next to you.  ;)

Haha! Thank you dude. I would be honored if Line 6 ever wanted to do anything with me! I can't speak enough positives about the Helix and my old G30 Wireless :)

Right on man!

I love using my helix for bass on the little projects I do on my own

The bass player in my band has recently recorded a couple things with me and we used the helix on his stuff too, he loved it!

(Side note, I also upgraded from a gt8)

• Upvote 1

Big congrats my dude. I upgraded from a Boss GT-8 to the Helix.  The difference has been Life Changing.

happy for ya my dude

Thanks my man! It's the first effects unit I've ever owned. Prior to this I was using an MXR M80 for about 3 years. It was good in a way; made me learn and utilize the basses natural tone for some weird stuff.  B)

Right on man!

I love using my helix for bass on the little projects I do on my own

The bass player in my band has recently recorded a couple things with me and we used the helix on his stuff too, he loved it!

(Side note, I also upgraded from a gt8)

Me and my guitarist were so keen to record something the other day and it turned out great. I also purchased a SVT Impulse Response pack. It was well worth the $10 AUD. Its a very versatile unit  :)

Welcome and great choice! Of course the smile only gets bigger and cannot be surgically removed! ;)

Dennis

The smile got even bigger yesterday when I finally installed 2.50  :D

I use my mine for both guitar and bass, it's nice to see others use the Helix for bass!

I'm digging it heaps man. It's a damn super computer!  :wub:

Hello fellow bass friend! Glad that you're loving the helix :D

Is that the dingwall I see in the background? NG-2?

Hey bro! Thank you!

I might have 2...  ;)

Chris Z — after you've had some time alone together, let us know what you're favorite Helix bass preset chain(s) look like. I use Helix Native for recording, and have been experimenting quite a bit with bass tones lately (using a rebuilt Samick RLB3 Royale). I'm also using SRV IRs.

Chris Z — after you've had some time alone together, let us know what you're favorite Helix bass preset chain(s) look like. I use Helix Native for recording, and have been experimenting quite a bit with bass tones lately (using a rebuilt Samick RLB3 Royale). I'm also using SRV IRs.

Will do mate! I have about 30 odd presets so far. All very amateur though :P