Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Questions about Line 6 UX2 and Analog Out

Hey first of all I want excuse myself if I explain this in a bad way.

So I use a Line 6 UX2 + AT2035 microphone for PC gaming and streaming.

Works great and all that. However, I just recently got myself a Playstation 4 so figured that instead of buying a completely new headset etc.

I'll just buy cables for the Line 6 UX2.

So I got : 

1x 6.3mm Mono Cable 3m, 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch 3.5mm Audio Splitter Cable

1x KingTop 3.5mm Combo Audio Adapter Cable for PS4

So the 1/4 Inch to 1/8 inch goes into UX2 analog out L and R, connects into the PS4 adapter that fits into the PS4 controller.

Microphone wise it works good. However, as I also use my UX2 to listen through.

The analog out not only outputs my mic to my PS4 but it also outputs whatever sound is coming from my PC.

So my question is, is there anywhere in PODFARM or on the UX2 I can prevent it from transfering the audio from my PC and get it to  output the microphone only?

I feel like it should be possible as hearing the audio isnt that what the headphones monitor thing is for on the front of the UX2?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards

Chris "Sohlus"

This is normal behavior, the UX basically becomes your soundcard. You can mute sounds in Windows’  Volume Mixer.

Thank you for your response. 

Sadly, I think that would not make it any better for me. As that would force me to mute the sound of the capture card and everything

I take it there is no way to change in PodFarm which audio it outputs? So it just outputs the mic?

Unfortunatly if that is the case I might have to reconsider this whole thing :(

Yeah, well I try to stream. The reason why I want this to work is so I can use the same equipment for everything (Stream/PC and PS4).

I love my UX2 for my mic.

If only I could select what the Analog Output puts out. Mic and not audio it would be splendid.

As of right now, I use the UX2 as my sound card as I like having the volume knob so when testing mic on PS4 it just repeats whatever sound PS4 play (or PC).

Guess the only way to get around this would possibly be to find somehow to use 2 soundcards.  UX2 for microphone  and something else for PC/PS4 audio input.