Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Editor with Helix Floor 2.5 update Problem.

JLondon

I updated my Helix Floor unit to 2.5.  There doesn't seem to be an update for the editor yet.  Is this correct.  The LIne 6 software page says there's nothing new to update when I plug in the parameters for Editor and Windows 10.  Regardless, my current editor worked fine with the previous Helix 2.3.  Now it doesn't recognize the new amps and pedals and if you try to insert one with the floor unit the editor picks something else and also kinda crashes.  Haven't even gotten to Helix Native yet.  Website says nothing new there either.  Am I dead in the water until LIne 6 updates Editor and Native?  Lastly, are both users and Line 6 using the terms "HX" and "Helix" interchangeably?  If so - please stop it.  To my knowledge they're not the same thing.  The new effects unit is the "HX".  Everything else is "Helix".  And if all software works interchangeably then how the h-- are we supposed to know unless you specify?

post-2607344-0-10095800-1518202827_thumb.jpg

New update does not show up on main page of Support / Downloads as of a few minutes ago. See attached screenshot from Line 6 Download page. They still have v2.30 up as latest.

The newest version is 2.51... It's showing up for me.

36fb55ae-d741-40d3-938f-3d550a935622.png

Lastly, are both users and Line 6 using the terms "HX" and "Helix" interchangeably?  If so - please stop it.  To my knowledge they're not the same thing.  The new effects unit is the "HX".  Everything else is "Helix".  And if all software works interchangeably then how the h-- are we supposed to know unless you specify?

HX = Helix for all intents and purposes. The HX Effects was actually going to be called the Helix FX at one point, but it got changed for, uh, reasons... But HX is the designation Line 6 is using for stuff developed under the Helix platform. As far as the software, they all use the same editor, so that's kind of the point.

• 2 weeks later...