Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wah issue with HX and 2.50 - Wah turns off when I rock the pedal...

highline-2004

I put a Wah (Fassel effect) block in my chain. I have the block to be controlled by EXP 1, using a Mission  (EP1-L6). When I pull the Wah back to heel position, the Wah effect turns on, but as soon as I rock forward the Wah turns off?

These are my settings within the block:

Switch > EXP 1
Position > 0%
Wait > 1000ms 

Midi Bypass > Off 

Anybody else experiencing this issue? Is this a bug with 2.50? 

When you insert a wah block, it's automatically configured to be controlled and bypassed by EXP1. The auto-engage feature was something that was carried over from the Helix. Check out pages 29 & 30 of the manual for a more detailed explanation. This is the most pertinent part:

29bfdead-0443-4f75-9f40-e82c54a8b0f8.png

When you insert a wah block, it's automatically configured to be controlled and bypassed by EXP1. The auto-engage feature was something that was carried over from the Helix. Check out pages 29 & 30 of the manual for a more detailed explanation. This is the most pertinent part:

29bfdead-0443-4f75-9f40-e82c54a8b0f8.png

Yes, I read this in the manual, but it was not following this behavior, thus the reason for my post... I have since deleted the block, created a new wah effect in another preset, copy and pasted the block, and the symptoms are gone! Maybe the block was corrupted? Is that possible? 

There is a setting that I am completely unfamiliar with that uses the position of an expression pedal to turn the effect it's controlling on and off. Sounds like you need to change the "Switch" to "Footswitch" I think. Not sure. I believe "Switch" tells what is controlling it. Position is where the pedal needs to be (that position or lower I believe so at 10% the pedal would need to be there or lower)  for this to work and Wait is how much time the pedal needs to be in that position or lower to turn it off. In your case 1000ms or,in other words, 1 second. Something like that anyway. So I'm almost positive it's normal behavior, you just need to change it

Yes, I read this in the manual, but it was not following this behavior, thus the reason for my post... I have since deleted the block, created a new wah effect in another preset, copy and pasted the block, and the symptoms are gone! Maybe the block was corrupted? Is that possible? 

Sorry, I read your first post too fast. It just sounds like the bypass state of the block was reversed from what it should have been. You can press FS3 in Signal Flow View to change the bypass state of the selected block so that it lines up the way you want it.

Sorry, I read your first post too fast. It just sounds like the bypass state of the block was reversed from what it should have been. You can press FS3 in Signal Flow View to change the bypass state of the selected block so that it lines up the way you want it.

That makes sense - thank you. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, phil_m said:

why can´t i find such info in the manual...???

so i have similar strange behavior with the volume block...? actually what i´ve seen is this:

first i thought why not just change the exp1 for volume instead of wah and exp2 for wah instead of volume...i simply changed those parameters, but found that it didn´t work at first....after some hours of trial and error, i´ve had it all work fine...then i read some info and thought maybe it´s better to have it like it´s originally meant to be...so i again changed settings for exp1 to control wah again and exp2 for volume...and now it doesn´t work again...the wah actually works now, but exp2 does things like switching off the vol block in the middle of the pedal range...??? or it controls the vol from 100% down to nearly zero and then when it should be zero it jumps to pretty loud level again....??? or it controls level plus the wah at once...allthough the wah is set for exp1 again....

no idea, why it does such things...

anybody has had similar problems...?

any idea...????