Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Limited Edition Versions

cclement

I just saw the press release about the Onyx version of the Variax (translucent-black finish over a flamed-maple veneer top) that said they were only making 300. Just curious... does anyone know how many of the Amethyst versions of the Variax were made? Mine is number #125.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, phaseshift said:

Are more on the way? Guitar Center thinks so, on August 10. I ordered one to replace my original Variax (500 before it was named 500).

Answering my own question: Guitar Center called me today to cancel the order. 

• 7 months later...

I seem to recall being told that Line 6 were limiting the Onyx production run to 1,000 guitars, from which I purchased #261.

Of course, my older POD X3 floorboard, didn't understand the new Variax model, and although I sorted the control issue by purchasing a Firehawk FX, I find that the guitar sounds provided by this particular floorboard do not live up to the standard set by the FX boards based upon the company's more established POD technology.

Hence, as I have no intention of giving up my Variax, it looks like I will be shelling out for one of the Helix product family, relatively soon. That said, I am fully aware that this will be costly, but it also brings me to my last point. It is as follows.

Given the remarkable nature of Variax technology, why is it not possible to connect a Standard Variax to any Line 6 pedal board? Surely, having a Variax input on all Line 6 FX units is 1) a just reward for all of those who have invested in Variax technology?; and, similarly 2) provides Line 6 with a more.flexible business model, especially as it makes their flagship digital guitar technology even more flexible, in terms of its connectivity, and thus, potentially more appealing to a wider range of potential customers.

• 3 months later...

Just to clarify, as I was formerly the Product Manager for Variax, the quantities of Limited Edition Variax (Standard) guitars were limited to no more than the following made available for sale to the public:

Emerald (LEE): 225

Amethyst (LE2): 250

Onyx (LE3): 325

Your serial number may exceed these numerals because of course there were some additional units made for the Service and Marketing departments.

Thanks,

Andrew Bonica

• Upvote 1