Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hi,

I have a new Pod XT Live and after 3 years in a box without use, I try use but only the orange screen turns on.

No sound, nothing on the speakers.

I tried to reset, but device do not connect by USB cable.

Anyone can help with ideas to try it back on?

Im in Brazil and cannot find anyone to resolve that situation around here...

Thanks!

Breno

post-1847979-0-58268000-1381533154_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I too am having the same problem.  My POD XT Live was in a box, rarely used and I just unpacked it tonight.  After plugging it in and turning it on, the LCD screen is lit but nothing appears.  And three pedals are constantly lit, the AMP, STOMP and MOD.  Any suggestions?  Is it fixable?

• Upvote 1

when this happened to mine it was dead. needed a new motherboard... i put the money towards a new unit...

the price of a motherboard and the labor to replace were more than a used unit.

(and yes you need an authorized service center to replace it, because of the security chip and transfer procedure its not a simple swap.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I too am having the same problem.  My POD XT Live was in a box, rarely used and I just unpacked it tonight.  After plugging it in and turning it on, the LCD screen is lit but nothing appears.  And three pedals are constantly lit, the AMP, STOMP and MOD.  Any suggestions?  Is it fixable?

Hi there, did you ever manage to fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh...it's been a while since I have visited the XT forums!

I too had the problem, and I figure that some cable had become oxidized or needed reseating.  There should be no reason why a POD XT should suddenly not work...

Here was my fix:

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/74156/

Let us know if it works!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This happened to me after letting the pedal sit for just a few months.

Nothing I could do would fix it, including opening it and tapping around, holding the right buttons down on startup everything I could find.

So I dumped it and bought another one on ebay - they're pretty cheap nowadays - I think I paid $125.

Thankfully I'd saved my bundles from before it died and voila, back in biz

I have been using a bass pod XT Live that I bought from a friend because he didn't use it. I used it for about 4 months and it worked well,  now when I play on some occasions the sound would just jump out loud and distorted without me even being near the unit for about a minute then it would go back to normal. 

Will an update of the firmware change this or can someone please help me with this problem.

• 1 month later...

I did the firmware update and it didn't solve the problem. I also have a friend here using his line 6 pedal for guitar and he's experiencing the same problem I have. Is this a line 6 problem?? I would love to speak to a podxt live user by phone as I have already spoken to line 6 reps by phone and they didn't seem to help. I want to know it I'll have to throw this thing overboard in the ocean and get another floor pedal or I can have my pedal back to normal use.

Toughie to say then my man. IMO if the firmware is cool and everything else is too (amp, cables and guitar) then most likely it is a hardware issue. Last resorts would be contact cleaner on the jacks (DeOxit for ex). Maybe try a recalibration on the expression pedal and see if that is fluctuating in value.

If all else fails you can shoot a support ticket in to L6.

Sorry Dude,

-B

• 3 weeks later...

I have a POD XT Live that I have been using for a couple of years. All of sudden only about a dozen of the patches work, The LED shows what they all , but no output except for the few. Any ideas? BTW I have reinstalled the drivers and re-flashed the firmware.