Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just cant craft a bad sound?!

jaybee77

Well I just can't make a crap sound with helix... everything turns to gold.. i mean this is a guitar players wet dream... the teenage me would have been so high to point of creative mania rarely bothering to sleep just playing and creating with this kit...

Think my only regret is I just don't have the time I used to when younger. If I had all these tools as a teenager I would have reached a point of oneness with the helix... i guess I can look forward to 2030 when I should have more spare time in my life again... maybe by then we will be sitting down with HX III whilst anticipating the imminent release of HX IV...

whats that, whens 2.6! being released haha lollipop that I'm already anticipating HX IV....

• Upvote 1

Same here. Get married...Helix is released. Have kid...massive firmware 2.5 update is released. Right now I'm waiting for the next development:  get fired from job for ditching out on work to play with newly updated Helix...Line 6 decides it's catalog is pretty good now, no need to come up with any new releases for a while.

Hear, hear. When I was younger and had all the time in the world to commit to playing guitar, I had a blast but could only afford pretty basic gear. Fast forward to a time in my life where I can afford amazing toys like Helix and I’m lucky if I can spend a few hours a week with it. Ah, the great ironies of life! Still and all, a truly amazing time to be a guitar player.

Oh I'm able to make plenty of bad sounds with it :)

Yeah, for some reason it's only ok the 2.50 firmware upgrade I thought the same thing. As a young guitarist, when I got a boss ME-5 I thought we'd reached the pinnacle of technology for guitars. I couldn't have envisaged that some day in my lifetime there'd be a device that you could obtain an update from over a global network connection that would enhance the thing with like brand new effects, models, features. Just wasn't such things as updates back then. Amazing

I hate to tell you guys this, but I've been retired since 2001 and although you might think you get all the time in the world to play with your toys at that point, it's almost the exact opposite.  My daughter-in-law says I'm the busiest retired person she knows.  Yeah, I get to spend maybe a couple of hours a day with my Helix, but life somehow fills up the time with grandkids and other life and family commitments.  When I was young play time was really "PLAY" time.  Now when I get on the Helix it's focused on getting things set up and preparing for the upcoming weekend so it's not exactly "PLAY" time.

But I have to say I feel absolutely blessed to have lived long enough to realize all my dreams as a guitar player and have access to such extraordinary equipment!!!

Oh I'm able to make plenty of bad sounds with it :)

Yeah, for some reason it's only ok the 2.50 firmware upgrade I thought the same thing. As a young guitarist, when I got a boss ME-5 I thought we'd reached the pinnacle of technology for guitars. I couldn't have envisaged that some day in my lifetime there'd be a device that you could obtain an update from over a global network connection that would enhance the thing with like brand new effects, models, features. Just wasn't such things as updates back then. Amazing

Well, that and the fact that Roland/Boss never really put out any firmware updates even though some of their gear were capable of receiving them.