Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Foot switch function - is this possible

gsmccoy

Is it possible to set up a foot switch to turn on one block and simultaneously turn off another block?

For example, say I want to use a crunchy overdrive sound (808) sometimes, and a hi gain distortion (Rat) at other times, but NEVER at the same time. Can I set up a footswitch to toggle between the 808 and the Rat?

Thanks...

Is it possible to set up a foot switch to turn on one block and simultaneously turn off another block?

For example, say I want to use a crunchy overdrive sound (808) sometimes, and a hi gain distortion (Rat) at other times, but NEVER at the same time. Can I set up a footswitch to toggle between the 808 and the Rat?

Thanks...

Yes, you can assign multiple blocks to a footswitch and toggle their bypass states or parameters. Snapshots give you even more control.

Further to the above, to quickly go over how to do it; you simply assign both blocks to that same footswitch, doing so with them in their opposing on/off states when you do so.

Your main decision then becomes this; which one do you want to have ON when the LED is lit up?

As HonestOpinion says above; leveraging the Snapshot function can be a far more versatile option, especially if you require the option of having both blocks OFF at the same time.

You'd have to examine your various scenarios to see which approach makes most sense.

I can say in my own case, there are times when a footswitch assignment is as far as it needs to go, so long as the states of the assigned blocks always need to be in opposition.