Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

mdorren

I'm changing presets on my H9 and switching it on and off, but with a Helix, not an HX FX. I still may be able to help you, though.
Just in case it's a simple matter of not sending the message correctly: My H9 is configured to answer to MIDI channel 2 (not that it matters)
so that, for example, to change a preset, I program one instant midi command on the Helix to MIDI Ch 2, Bank C000 1, Bank CC32 1, Program 17 (to select P18 on the H9).
Are you sending the right Bank C000 and CC32 values?

Thanks for the reply. I've followed your procedure but it appears that the H9 isn't receiving any midi data. I'm not sure why this is. Everything seems configured correctly on both the HX as well as the H9. Did you have a problem with the H9 receiving data?

Well... just wow... turns out it wasn't working till i unplugged from the computer. Now the fun begins.

I really appreciate you helping a kindred musician. Nothing more sad than getting static when you need help.

I'll try to return the favor here whenever I can.

• Upvote 1

Damn! now that you mention it, that happened to me too! Sorry that I didn't remember earlier.
Glad you found out anyway. That doesn't happen if you control the H9 via bluetooth.
USB control > H9 ignores incoming data on the DIN port
Bluetooth control > H9 obeys relevant data on the DIN port

I know I tried it sometime, and it worked, and IIRC, I even tried controlling the H9 with Helix's CV out... anyway, MIDI should do it.
I'm not doing that now because I bought the Mission pedal for the H9.
Try it, and if you don't get it to work, tell me and I'll look into it.