Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Display ! Pod Hd 300

flipdevil

Most likely a power supply problem. Try using a different PSU but make sure it matches these specs EXACTLY:

https://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfsnet/line6/10Expand.aspx?ProductCode=98-030-0041

If it's not the power supply then you likely need to take/send the device for servicing.

http://line6.com/service_centers/

but first...... where did you purchase it? If you can take it back, do so. If not..... caveat emptor.

• 2 weeks later...

Most likely a power supply problem. Try using a different PSU but make sure it matches these specs EXACTLY:

https://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfsnet/line6/10Expand.aspx?ProductCode=98-030-0041

If it's not the power supply then you likely need to take/send the device for servicing.

http://line6.com/service_centers/

but first...... where did you purchase it? If you can take it back, do so. If not..... caveat emptor.

i had my friend purchase it for me from guitar center in USA but i live in pakistan .. I did send it to the line 6 dealer here that is V-sell   but they replied that it cant be repaired and they told me that it's mainboard is faulty .. i tried to reason with them that this cant be it because it works other than its lcd 

what is caveat emptor ?

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/caveat+emptor

Caveat Emptor

[Latin, Let the buyer beware.] A warning that notifies a buyer that the goods he or she is buying are "as is," or subject to all defects.

When a sale is subject to this warning the purchaser assumes the risk that the product might be either defective or unsuitable to his or her needs.This rule is not designed to shield sellers who engage in Fraud or bad faith dealing by making false or misleading representations about the quality or condition of a particular product. It merely summarizes the concept that a purchaser must examine, judge, and test a product considered for purchase himself or herself.

Try resetting and firmware update. All worth a try.

It seems you might be stuck with it if your friend bought it for you.

You did mean you sent a message to V sell. You didn't send them the unit right?

caveat emptor google it!

i did sent it to them they couldnt do anything about it ... or they simply just didnt do anything about it ...

Damn,

You have tried to factory reset it.

Have you tried to reinstall firmware via monkey?

It looks like a firmware problem.

Well worth a try and a retry, retry 

yes i tried to factory reset it , it didnt reset  it just stays like this .. no havent tried the firmware reinstall 

You can work it on the PC yes, so all is not lost.

Unfortunately it looks like the display is faulty. I doubt the firmware reinstall will fix it.But it might seeing that there are dashes across the pix you put up.

If it is any consolation I thought the display was pretty useless on the 300 mode (my eyesight no doubt)l and best to work from EDIT software.I bought the HD500 I like the 300 so much.

Hopefully you got it at a good price. 

I sold mine for $AU225. It was fully operational.

• 4 weeks later...

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/caveat+emptor

Caveat Emptor

[Latin, Let the buyer beware.] A warning that notifies a buyer that the goods he or she is buying are "as is," or subject to all defects.

When a sale is subject to this warning the purchaser assumes the risk that the product might be either defective or unsuitable to his or her needs.This rule is not designed to shield sellers who engage in Fraud or bad faith dealing by making false or misleading representations about the quality or condition of a particular product. It merely summarizes the concept that a purchaser must examine, judge, and test a product considered for purchase himself or herself.

i am never buying anything line 6 again ! 

Not to belabour the point, but the fact is that you bought a used product - without testing it, from a friend, in a region that is not covered by the original warranty. Nobody knows the history of the device. For instance, the original owner may have fried the electronics by using an incompatible power supply, and then sold a non-functioning device to an unsuspecting buyer (that would be you). That's only one example of the many possible explanations for the fact that the product doesn't work. You can blame Line 6 if you wish. I suppose it's easier than the alternative.

• 2 months later...

Is there a soultion for this?
My pedal is doing the exact same thing, the display will only show a line of squares.
I've had the unit for 2 years, from brand new and I plugged in today with it only displaying squares.. Also not able to change channels/presets..

I've had a couple minor issues with the pedal before hand with things not working how they should same with the other guitarist in my band.

Doubt I'll buy another Line 6 pedal again.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hey all, I FIXED IT! Had this same issue.

1. Open her up. (Waring, circuits with Simi conductors and what not, are effected by ESD (electro static discharge) Be cautious with you lollipop beaters in the pixie magic parts.

2. Remove the factory plastic glue from the multi pin connection on the right.

3. Remove the multi pin connection and re-seat ensuring that both sides give an audible click.

4. Prop up and ensure nothing is touching the back plane of circuit cards.

5. Power on and unsure all is good. Power off.

6. Reinstall cover.

7. Jam on brothers! \m/

Refer to pics, hope this helps.

post-1970586-0-13834300-1453866388_thumb.jpg

post-1970586-0-60076200-1453866402_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...