Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Remote for Android - updated

cbrillow

In case you haven't seen it, the amplifi remote app for Android devices has been updated, supposedly on Feb 2nd. I just received the update notification today.

The new version is 2.60.1, which is a minor update. The description of the changes lists only 'bug fixes', and as of just a few minutes ago, there are no reviews of the new version.

I just hope it doesn't break something that did work...

• 3 weeks later...

Tx so much, but frigging Remote App ist not updating

Hmmmmm... I wonder if the Android version is similar to the iOS versions in that the latest may not be available to users who are not running the latest operating system. My phone -- a Google Nexus 6, is running Android 7.1.1. Is yours older, the same, or newer than mine?

When you read the app description in  Play Store, does it show that it's Version 2.60.1? 

Have you tried  -- I almost hate to suggest this -- an uninstall/reinstall?

Hmmmmm... I wonder if the Android version is similar to the iOS versions in that the latest may not be available to users who are not running the latest operating system.[…]

More likely that it is a staged rollout (default now for google playstore) - App developer can decide what percentage of installations should receive an update, and can then increase the percentage (or halt the rollout in case there are issues). So even if there is a new version out there, if you don't happen to be in the X-percent of the rollout, your device won't signal that there is an update/you won't see that at all. So there's nothing to worry about if you don't see the update right away, and with a non-telling changelog like "Bug fixes" you shouldn't expect groundbreaking changes anyway.

If they would have fixed the dreaded back/naviagtion behaviour they surely will mention in the changes section :-)