Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

In case Snapshot isn't saving your changes... (bug report?)

luisgferraz

Not sure if it qualifies as a bug, but...

Right after the update, I tried snapshots on presets I created from scratch and none of them were being saved. 
Then today I tried on a factory preset and it worked. Then it hit me - I created my presets on PREVIOUS versions!

So in case someone tried and failed, try again on a factory preset or create ANOTHER preset from scratch (copying and pasting does NOT work)

Also FYI, from the V1.5 Pilot's Guide:

NOTE: All snapshot assignments and settings are retained within the current tone's preset until another preset is loaded within the plug-in. If you wish to permanently retain all your snapshot assignments and settings with the preset, be sure to use the File Menu options to Save your tone to the Preset Library or to Disk The snapshot that is in use when you save your preset is the one that is recalled when the preset is loaded again. 

• Upvote 1

I just noticed tonight as well.  None of my snapshot changes are saving either.  

I sure hope i don't have to create all presets from scratch

Copying and pasting/exporting and importing the presets I made into different slots didn't work, so for now I'm afraid starting from scratch is the only option for now.

Also FYI, from the V1.5 Pilot's Guide:

NOTE: All snapshot assignments and settings are retained within the current tone's preset until another preset is loaded within the plug-in. If you wish to permanently retain all your snapshot assignments and settings with the preset, be sure to use the File Menu options to Save your tone to the Preset Library or to Disk The snapshot that is in use when you save your preset is the one that is recalled when the preset is loaded again. 

Saving the preset doesn't retain snapshot changes on presets made on previous versions. The manual also says: "Snapshots automatically store the current bypass (on/off) state for all processing blocks. Therefore, all block bypass states are recalled when jumping from snapshot to snapshot, and appear as you last left them.", which is not happening on those same presets.

• 2 weeks later...

There is indeed some problem with snapshots which could be called a "bug".
If you assign automation for DSP block prior to its bypass state in other snaphots, their bypass state is neither remembered nor stored.
The workaround is to assign bypass back to default "None" then make bypasses in other snaphots and then reassign bypass automation to "Switch". 
My setup is Win10 i5M laptop, NI KA6 interface, Reaper 5.62 hosting HxN 1.5 and Vox TLLE as MIDI controller. 

• 1 month later...