Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 2.50 is not responding ?

bex0p00

Hello, I've installed Firmware 2.50 but I don't see any changes in my Helix LT. Also not in HX Edit application. Firmware 2.50 is installed. What is wrong?

Hi bex0p00,

Sorry that you have an issue with the FW 2.50 update.

It’s going to be difficult to assist you with this as you have not supplied any relevant info that would help us to help you.

If you can let us know what platform, operating system etc., you are using it will be a lot easier to pin point any obvious problems.

I understand that it’s very annoying for you when it doesn’t work but, the more information you can give about this, the sooner it can be fixed (hopefully).

Are you not seeing the new amps and Legacy effects on your LT or in the Editor? My first guess would be that you have not installed the 2.51 version of HX Edit. Without that you will not see the new Legacy effects and amp models in the editor but if you are on the 2.50 firmware you should see them on the Helix. Once you get HX Edit 2.51 installed you can check the menu in the Help --> 'About Helix' selection to make sure you have the 2.50 firmware and the 2.51 version of HX Edit installed properly. Follow the procedure listed elsewhere on the forum if you want to get the latest Factory presets.

^^^ This.

Granted that Line 6 has greatly reduced the "backup-install new editor-install new firmware" chain down to just 2 steps (and I AM eternally grateful for that), but the next logical step would be a one-step "update firmware" that would do all three. Just sayin...

Granted that Line 6 has greatly reduced the "backup-install new editor-install new firmware" chain down to just 2 steps (and I AM eternally grateful for that), but the next logical step would be a one-step "update firmware" that would do all three. Just sayin...

Line 6 really needs to provide an option to over-right the factory presets with the new firmware's presets (and leave the user setlists alone).  This would provide more seamless user experience and avoid mass confusion over upgrade procedures and manual restore efforts.

From a development perspective I understand that this would take time away from their core development of the Helix platform itself, but I think we can all agree that HX Edit could use a lot of polishing and feature enhancements like a built-in tuner and being able to edit Global Settings from your PC/Mac.  I can't tell you how many times I play right in front of my computer and being able to make adjustments at the keyboard would be a big win for me.

Have you tried the 5 new ones. They are pretty good. Maybe not a replacement for the Big Sky, but pretty darn good. 

Briefly. But I think now that tonight I will take a closer "listen." I have a song to play this weekend that really BEGS for a Strymon Big Sky "shimmer."

I have actually considered adding the the Big Sky, but it's a LOT of money, and what's worse--foot-space that my gig does not afford. 

Briefly. But I think now that tonight I will take a closer "listen." I have a song to play this weekend that really BEGS for a Strymon Big Sky "shimmer."

I have actually considered adding the the Big Sky, but it's a LOT of money, and what's worse--foot-space that my gig does not afford. 

One of them is a shimmer. It's pretty good.