Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gig Bag for HelixLT

Marker12

I'm sure thus has been asked before but nothing came up on my search and these things change pretty often.

I would kill for a gig bag/padded case etc that properly fits the Helix LT. I bought two identical Gator bags and it barely fits in one of them and not at all in the other. It's tight and a hassle to get it in and out.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for a quality gig bag that fits well? I've found a couple that are just too big. Just looking for a proper and secure fit.

thanks,

Mike

I'm sure thus has been asked before but nothing came up on my search and these things change pretty often.

I would kill for a gig bag/padded case etc that properly fits the Helix LT. I bought two identical Gator bags and it barely fits in one of them and not at all in the other. It's tight and a hassle to get it in and out.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for a quality gig bag that fits well? I've found a couple that are just too big. Just looking for a proper and secure fit.

thanks,

Mike

i use this :  http://gatorcases.com/products/dj-recording/g-club-series-dj-bags/g-club-control/dj-controller-messenger-bag-25-width-g-club-control-25/

I have a discontinued Ultimate Series One bag that fits my helix floor perfectly. I keep spares of the basic gig necessities in the bag pockets with it. I also have a small gator 12x12 mixer bag that I use for all my other gear and cables. I found that keeping it all in just one bag ended up giving me one 30-ish pound bag. I’d rather have two 15 pounds bags, which makes it balanced and much easier to walk with (playing downtown Nashville involves a lot of walking). I have my RBX2E dual guitar bag on my back, so having a smaller balanced weight in each hand is nice.

Also, with the gator bag holding my other gear and cables, I can just throw everything in there. When I keep all in one bag, I’m meticulously placing everything to make sure it all fits. That adds time to my teardown.

If I didn’t use the ultimate bag, I’d probably use a gator g club bag.

+1 for Helix bag.  Worth the money.  Very well built.  My LT fits in with a little spare space as its footprint is slightly smaller then the Helix Floor.  I'm thinking about getting some high density foam, cut out the inside for my SM58, and wedge it in the extra gap.  All my cables, plus an extra patch and power cable, fit in the front pocket.  Also my wireless (G10)!

After a lot of research I bought the

Boss BOSSBAGL2 Large Carrying Bag. $60 shipped. Its quality is so so - but ok for what it is - a bag, not a hard case.

https://www.amazon.com/Boss-BOSSBAGL2-Large-Carrying-RC-300/dp/B0010CXUHW

Perfect, thank you.  Won't be doing much gigs if at all, so this will be perfect for home

• 1 year later...

Gator G-MIX-L-1224 leave about 1 inch side to side but is a good fit. It comes with a divider that can fill up the empty inch. You can get one for $49.95 because they are discontinued. It is pretty rugged and has stiff supports (not a HARD case but very stiff).

20190701_202224.gif

Edited by jbszulc
Added Picture

If it's supposed to be something cheap: https://www.thomann.de/de/thomann_effect_pedal_bag.htm

I'm very happy with it so far. If you don't throw the helix through the counter, this small priced bag is more than sufficient. Padded sides, well processed and space for various cables. And with that price, it won't hurt if you need a new one in 3-4 years.