Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tie Variax Model to a Helix Snapshot?

For many/most of the parameters in a Helix Preset, you can "tie" a setting to that snapshot by Alt-Left-Clicking the parameter.   A pair of white brackets then surround the value ( e.g. Delay Feedback) .  Then if you save immediately, when you choose that snapshot, the delay feedback will change to setting you chose.  So you can have feedback change with each snapshot as desired.

Can you do that with the Variax model?

Thanks.  The alt-left-click was in HX Edit.   I had been assigning a variax model and found I could use the guitar toggle switch ( and rear knob ) to change models, but what I wanted was for the guitar model to change to something specific when I activated the snapshot switch on the Helix.

Thanks.  The alt-left-click was in HX Edit.   I had been assigning a variax model and found I could use the guitar toggle switch ( and rear knob ) to change models, but what I wanted was for the guitar model to change to something specific when I activated the snapshot switch on the Helix.

I may be stating the obvious but this does work if you are connected with a VDI cable. You also need to make sure your Variax settings are "Per Preset" instead of "Global".

Just tested it.  One thing I do notice with HX Edit:   it seems if you launch it before the Helix is completely turned on, your variax may play out of tune -- as if a custom tuning was assigned.  Flipping the helix from  Do Not Force tuning to Custom Tuning and then back again clears that up.   I'm not sure if HX edit should be loaded first, then turn on Helix, or vice versa.

I'm not sure if HX edit should be loaded first, then turn on Helix, or vice versa.

Whether or not it actually matters is anybody's guess... but from a practical perspective, if Helix isn't on, then there's nothing for HX edit to connect with. It'll just be spinning it's wheels trying to find a device to talk to.