Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does the latest release support hiDPI screens?

fnordbak

The new HX Edit version 2.51 scales perfectly on Windows 10 4K UHD Displays!

However, the Line 6 Updater version 2.12 has not been updated to properly scale on the 4K UHD display. Thus, if you run the Line 6 Updater, you'll need to use the Windows Magnifier feature (or a real magnifier to read the display).

If you are intending to install and upgrade your Helix unit to the latest 2.50 Firmware, simply download and install HX Edit 2.51. It will handle the installation of the latest firmware. However, it does (apparently) use some of the Line 6 Updater routines, as during the installation procedure, the display is not properly scaled to 4K UHD on Windows 10.

Hopefully, Line 6 will revise their code so this soon is no longer an issue. 

Just now realized this is the Helix Native Forum. Apologies for the earlier post. I typically have several Forums open (Helix, Native, Relay, TGP, etc.) 

Would you post a screen capture of how minuscule Helix Native appears on your Win 10 display.

This is from the TGP, and it works for the Line 6 Utility. Not sure if it makes a difference with Helix Native. It did not work for one other non-Line 6 Utility that also does not scale to 4K.

seigmen said: â†‘

Try this: Right-click the Line 6 Updater icon, choose Properties from the popup menu, click the Compability tab, and set "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by" to "System (Enhanced)".

Text might be a bit fuzzy, but it should be readable.

Did a check on my 5K iMac, and the HxN scales to pretty much match the font size of the Logic Pro X windows. If I use any of the operating system scaling selections, everything scales accordingly, so the font sizes are always matched up nicely. 

Did a check on my 5K iMac, and the HxN scales to pretty much match the font size of the Logic Pro X windows. If I use any of the operating system scaling selections, everything scales accordingly, so the font sizes are always matched up nicely. 

I think this works differently on Macs.

Just now realized this is the Helix Native Forum. Apologies for the earlier post. I typically have several Forums open (Helix, Native, Relay, TGP, etc.) 

Would you post a screen capture of how minuscule Helix Native appears on your Win 10 display.

Here is a screen capture showing Helix Native in relation to the Studio One GUI and a synth that scals correctly: https://i.imgur.com/iBl34r8.jpg

(Yes, I know I can resize the Helix window, but this does not change the font size.)