Best kit to go with hd500x

Salamisam1972

I am looking for a bit of advice, I have just bought a hd500x and looking for the best house set up to include a valve amp . I have an old ax2 amp and I'm looking to purchase a new amp or other unit? I'm not very clued up on all of this! basically I'm looking to try and best create that lovely Gilmore tone. Any assistance would be much appreciated. PS I'm also looking to buy a jtv 69 and would appreciate any feedback / reviews on this guitar.

Cheers Paul

Mine is for home use and low volume so keep that in mind. I use 3 5 watt amps. A Valve Jr, Special 6, and Laney L5.. They all react differently with different amp models. I also use pedals with my modelers. It's pretty subjective what works well with what and brand of tubes plays a role in your choices. I like JJ 12ax7 with modelers in all 3 amps. For my gilmour stuff I prefer the Valve Jr. As far as modeling goes, but I also have an actual Butler Tube Driver in the chain. Your choice's will depend on wattage. DT25 would also be a good one if you need more juice.

hmmm.....DT25 would be most excellent. I have the head/cab and love it....However, if I were doing a strictly at home thing with an HD, I think I would go with a pair of Blackstar HT-1 heads with cabs...I played through one of those back in 2011 at NAMM when they came out...That is a fantastic amp IMO!....