Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT vs AX8

SteinweinerMkIV

Bought an AX8, liked it , sounded pretty good, ended up down the rabbit hole trying to dial it in..Sold it, bought a Helix LT...fell in love with the U.I. and thought the tones were 90% of the way there... Thinking I was missing some of the (potential) tone of the Fractal, I bought another AX8... , learned how to edit and tweek on it, but cannot for the life of me find a tone that (i get kinda close) but can't seem to dial in that super tight high-gain yet organic and chewey tone... I get on the Helix and I have it in 5 minutes...and then 2.50 comes out and now we have Friedman!!!  So, I'm thinking of dumping the AX8 (again)..am I missing something on the AX8 or is the Helix just sound almost or as good as the Fractal?  I was looking for some help on the Fractal forum, a lot of people very nice, but everyone says I must be crazy...

It seems to me that you’ve come to your own conclusions... Being that this is the Helix users forum, I don’t think anyone here will talk you out of the LT. Honestly, I don’t necessarily have anything against Fractal. I don’t think that the people doing the modeling and sound design there have anything on the Helix team, though. It’s reallt about finding something that you like using and inspires you to play and be creative. Whatever that ends up being, what other people think of your decision is irrelevant.