Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Update instructions

Thurston9

http://line6.com/support/topic/31856-v250-installation-procedure/?view=findpost&p=244618

I suggest you read the full thread before updating. There were some improvements along the way.

Thanks, really appreciate the response! 

Is it just me or are there some very simple changes the forum and Line 6 website should do to make the update process much easier/more obvious?  There's a sticky for 2.50 but no link in the thread to the download files, and no instructions in the sticky or the download pages.  it would be so easy to clean up the link you gave me to make it an easy to follow no-brainer process.

How do I back up global settings?

Actually I don't think my globals changed with the last update. 

I have my unit set at 44.1khz, and I have the XLR out set to "mic" level as my Event BAS 20/20 Studio monitors are very loud.  These are not the default settings. 

When I booted my unit up after the update, these settings remained at what I set them to, not back to the default of "48kz, and XLR at line."

Of course I could have just done it as habit, and forgot... However, I think the globals were retained. 

EDIT: I do want to state that I did not factory reset. As I read with this update you do not need to, if you do not care about receiving the few new factory presets that come with the FW update. I build all my own patches so I did not need the presets.  But still back up all your presets, IRs, and setlists.

I just went through and memorized the few global presets, rebuilding presets right now so I think I'm good.  Still stand by that the lack of a clear process to update makes it feel like amateur hour. 

They couldn't put 10 minutes into clear instructions for backup and updating with links to the files?  WTF?

The globals do not change unless you do a 9-10 reset (floor). The reset used to be required after an update.

I think the reset is still required if there are any new factory presets. But then be careful on the restore because you will overwrite the new factory presets with the old if you check all the boxes.

The globals do not change unless you do a 9-10 reset (floor). The reset used to be required after an update.

I think the reset is still required if there are any new factory presets. But then be careful on the restore because you will overwrite the new factory presets with the old if you check all the boxes.

All true. Just wanted to add that although I don't believe the Template setlist changed in this update there have been new or modified template presets added to the Templates setlist in the past. The Templates setlist, as well as the two Factory setlists, also receives the latest Line6 presets when you do the factory reset Joepeggio describes above. So when you do the HX Edit "Restore from Backup", as he mentions, you are going to want to scroll down to the 'Preset' entry on the initial backup screen, expand the arrow icon, and then uncheck the Factory and the 'Templates' setlists unless you want those to be overwritten with the Factory and Templates setlists from your backup file.