Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax presets from 2.62? Where are they?

medbad5150

Updated mine today and saw that 64 presets were meant to be added. My user two has presets where it didn't before. Any idea? I've googled and searched on here. Keep seeing something about Global settings and recalibrating the pedal. But what's that gotta do with presets? Why have some added and rest in hyperspace?

I'm sorry I'm a bit late to the party but last 5 years it's been the Fractal show...

Trying again tomorrow

Fella I proper appreciate your help. I just tried. Holding LEFT arrow and then inserting power cable...over and over. It just showed my patches. Then searched and someone said RIGHT which I did. Low and behold restarted. Now staring at a screen for ten minutes which reads. UPDATE FLASH with nothing happening. Dude I had the HD500 with no issues. Fractal for last five, updates a dream. Had this two days and becoming a nightmare. Instructions even state HOLD LEFT with no effect. I’m proper lost. Starting to regret it. Irony is my Axe2 is sitting right beside the HD almost mocking me!

Crazy! Given up. Ignored the Update Flash message. Pulled out power and plugged in again expecting a dead unit. Not only did it start but the VARIAX setlist now shows. Plugged in. Guitar tones sound awesome without tweaking. Now gonna calibrate and not gonna update forever! Thanks bloke you’ve helped me twice now. Gotta be honest. It shows this pedal is dying. Forum help is non existent. People accuse Fractal of being fanboys but the Axe with constant updates keeps everyone on their toes. This was bought as an emergency in case Axe dies on me. Very grateful for your help mate

I had the HD500 with no issues. Fractal for last five, updates a dream. Had this two days and becoming a nightmare.

Forgive me for sounding like a broken record --- 

The HD500 and HD500X are the same unit. Anything you did with your old 500 is exactly the same as the 500x. 

Also, for future reference (you and anyone else reading this)... 

Saying things like "User 2" mean nothing to us. The original firmware had 3 predefined setlists, leaving 5 user setlists. As the various firmwares were released, they added more presets (requiring more setlists) to show off new features. The latest firmware has 6 predefined setlists and 2 user setlists. 

So, when you say "User 2", you could be talking about slot 5, 6, 7, or 8 depending on which firmware you have.

Also, since these things can be renamed, moved, and removed...

I have a saved setlist called "User 1". Sometimes I have 8 "User 1" setlists at the same time. 

...except that with 500X you can combine more blocks (FXs/amps) together without reaching the DSP resources limit

which I've never ran into, so it is really just a theory to me. 

And by saying "more blocks", many people think "more blocks" without realizing they are still limited to the same 8. 

It's more of a "which ever comes first" situation. 8 blocks with two amps, or a DSP limit. whichever comes first. 

I know this. You know this. But future readers (the forum appears in google search) need to know.