Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spyder V

Well I just got a spider v amp and used it on a gig Saturday it’s not very stage worthy unless the sound tech cranks it through the front system I had to keep turning it up and it danced around a little due to the vibration. Good thing I didn’t pay a lot for it I may go back to my Blackstar for the stage and use this for rehearsal.

• Downvote 1

I just bought a Spider V, and the salesperson told me that I could use the foot switch from my old Spider II (which is an FBV4), but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Is it possible to use the FBV4 with the Spider V in any capacity?  If so, in what capacity?  Thanks!

I just bought a Spider V, and the salesperson told me that I could use the foot switch from my old Spider II (which is an FBV4), but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Is it possible to use the FBV4 with the Spider V in any capacity?  If so, in what capacity?  Thanks!

Not according to this page:  http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/fbv-mki-mkii-controllers/the-complete-line-6-pedal-compatibility-faq-r58

You never said which model Spider V you got, the 3, 60 100, 120, 150 240 watt etc..

For stage shows and live performances where you need to keep up with a live band and drums rule of thumb is 50 watts tube and 100 watts solid state minimum.

I have used the 120 watt Spider IV for years live, I just got the Spider V 240HC and it has no trouble at all keeping up with any venue.

You said it didnt cost you much, it sounds like you prob bought a practice amp model, Im guessing under 100 watts.

I use mine with a 4x12 cabinet I ordered from Mesa, together the Spider IV and V both sound amazing played through this Mesa Road King 4x12 cab

You can always keep it as a practice amp for at home and whatnot and get a larger one for shows, you really cant go wrong with a Spider V, you can make a simple Tube drivenb dist or a solid state metal high gain Pantera type dist or a super clean or acoustic, etc.. way too many options to not put it to work.

The pre sets arent very good, but you can take a pre set and tweak it, by changing he cab, or the amp, or the mic or the speakers, etc.. then use the amp controls to dial in the mids and bass and treble, etc, anything you want.

Good luck,