Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how to save a customized tone

rawlins02

I have a Spider IV 30 watt. I'm unsure how to save a tone I customized. It think I've saved it to channel A. But I now want to put that tone on B, and then put another custom tone to A, so I can switch with foot controller from A to B. When I press B to save the tone, the amp changes to the factory preset that's on B. I've seen instructions for restoring the factory presets, but little on saving your own. I recall seeing instructions to hold one of the buttons down for 2 seconds to save to that channel. Is that right?

I recall seeing all four channel lights blink several times when I saved to channel A. Now any time I try to save a tone by pressing B, C, or D, I believe the amp is changing to the factory preset. The lights aren't blinking and the tone and settings aren't being saved. I can't find any detailed instructions online.

OK I figured it out. I was not pressing the channel buttons down firmly enough. I see it's possible to lightly press or more fully press in each channel button. When I pressed in firmly, the lights began blinking. Then I released and pressed again less firmly for 2 seconds to save the tone. That worked.

• 11 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:43 PM, Alan15882 said:

Will saving a tone overwrite the presets that came with the amp and if so would you be able to reset if back to factory settings

Yes, saving a tone overwrites what is in that User Patch.  With the Spider IV 15 & 30 you have 4 patch positions to save tones.  With higher models, you have banks, each with 4 patch locations.  The patches that are in those places from the factory are the same as patches in the song/artist banks.  You can restore all user patches to the original factory settings my doing a factory reset - holding the A button in while turning on the power to the amp.

• 2 months later...

For all those struggling with saving your sounds on the amp whilst using the foot controller, please take heed.

The below comments are your solution. For example if you have a spider iv 15 and using the fbv mkii footswitch, you need to hold down the button on the amp above the corresponding channel to save the settings, NOT on the footpedal. This will include your chorus/flanged sounds and reverb/delay sounds. Took me a while to figure it out but got there. Such joy, very happy now