Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Helix cannot reproduce this tone

Iamtheone

The dude has been banned (again!), so don't waste too much energy responding to him...

Yeah but see that doesnt really matter though. Anyone with a VPN can create more accounts here than your lil guitar playing fingers can delete. I know a guy that has 37 accounts on gearslutz or the gear page or wherever. The point is, theres nothing anybody is doing about dude here until HE SAYS hes done, and to even take interest in what he's saying is just a waste of time and energy. Some people are just attracted to drama i guess.

Im sure thats not the only sound Helix cant replicate. I bet there are 100's of them. Same thing with my JCM 800s but i still love playing them, and nobody can suck the fun out of that.

Yes her delivery was intended!! She's trying to be like Marilyn Monroe. You can clearly hear her transition from real voice to falsetto several times. She did not do a proper warm up and she looked liked she was buzzed also.  Sorry Fergie . .  It was NOT GOOD.

Hey man just wondered if you did a Mick Mars preset yet? Im sure on some level you already have. Seems like it'd be a pretty popular one. i dont know.

Proxy servers etc. make it really hard to keep repeating scumbags from logging in.....

Well im korfuzed then because thats about exactly what i thought a proxy server does....allowed scumbags to log in. 

https://whatismyipaddress.com/proxy-server

Well im korfuzed then because thats about exactly what i thought a proxy server does....allowed scumbags to log in. 

It does. What I meant by that is that it keeps the line 6 forum Moderators busy because they cant block (ban) by IP addresses (because of proxy servers).

Most people recognise a sockpuppet within the space of a few comments. Proxy servers may allow trolls to login after an IP block, but they don't render their charming and distinctive personalities invisible. So that sort of trickery can only get mischief-makers so far.

Most people recognise a sockpuppet within the space of a few comments. Proxy servers may allow trolls to login after an IP block, but they don't render their charming and distinctive personalities invisible. So that sort of trickery can only get mischief-makers so far.

Yes. He will probably reappear and we'll continue to play whack-a-mole. Now that he's become a regular we'll recognize him more quickly and take care of him again just as quickly. Meantime it's harmless entertainment.

Yes. He will probably reappear and we'll continue to play whack-a-mole. Now that he's become a regular we'll recognize him more quickly and take care of him again just as quickly. Meantime it's harmless entertainment.

+1 on the harmless entertainment :-) People should learn to love trolls - and laugh artfully at them - which they absolutely hate.

<sarcasm>

This tone is the result of a poorly mic'd cabinet with multiple mics and that's where the phasing is coming from - but it just happened to sound good so they left it. So you're right, it likely can never be reproduced accurately since 1) it was unintentional, and 2) mic positions were never documented so no one will ever come up with that exact poor, but unique, mic'ing job again.

Little did you know.... what did you think made all that squawking noise on "Tea In The Sahara"?

I though that Andy originally started as a psychedelic bassoon player during his time in Soft Machine in the late 1960s. That led to him doing guest kazoo work for Jimi Hendrix. Your photograph is obviously from some later undocumented period when he revisited his first love.

it is my contention that this same annoying,yet perversely entertaining yutz is currently trying out a new trolling scheme right now over the Fractal Forum under the the username One...(not a coincidence IMO) where it posted an audio clip of the G&R Sweet Child lick claiming it was played by the alleged One with an axefx Preset it created (I think it’s a played by Slash stem) and demanding accolades for for the awesome accomplishment...it immediately smelled to me like the work of our ole buddy ItsSlash, the Guitarist , et.al., so I posted the now legendary Andy Summers vid as an inside joke /inference to the forumites over there who had as much fun/ frustration with its previous attempts at the MIAB threads over there as we did here.....but I had Not yet seen this newest thread. Til just now... my mild suspicions about one/IamtheOne seem confirmed..

+1 on the harmless entertainment :-) People should learn to love trolls - and laugh artfully at them - which they absolutely hate.

I just dont see a reason to even want to get under their skin. If you are replying to them theyve already won. All you are doing by laughing at them is prolonging the the drama...which means the one doing the laughing wants to be part of the drama, which kinda makes him a troll himself.

where it posted an audio clip of the G&R Sweet Child lick claiming it was played by the alleged One with an axefx Preset it created (I think it’s a played by Slash stem) and demanding accolades for for the awesome accomplishment

Wow, when i think about that, what a sad sad way to live your life. Sounds like dude is in desperate need of psychiatric care.

I just dont see a reason to even want to get under their skin. If you are replying to them theyve already won. All you are doing by laughing at them is prolonging the the drama...which means the one doing the laughing wants to be part of the drama, which kinda makes him a troll himself.

People respond to trolling and calls of DNFTT are *always* futile. So the best policy is to give them a hard time, with mockery the #1 tool in the armory. Noted that you just called me a troll btw.

People respond to trolling and calls of DNFTT are *always* futile. So the best policy is to give them a hard time, with mockery the #1 tool in the armory. Noted that you just called me a troll btw.

I didnt call you a troll at all, but its pretty obvious from your post that you desperately wanted to perceive it that way, and so if the shoe fits.......

So the best policy is to give them a hard time,

There are a few of us here having a chuckle at your expense on that one. Actually the best policy is to completely ignore them. Joining in the argument as you so love to do will get you banned in a lot of places... not to mention it will perpetuate the drama...so you keep "handling" it. Youre all over it!!

I didnt call you a troll at all, but its pretty obvious from your post that you desperately wanted to perceive it that way, and so if the shoe fits.......

You called me a troll:

>>which means the one doing the laughing wants to be part of the drama, which kinda makes him a troll himself.

So denying it in the next breath just looks silly.

He's not even here at present, yet he's got you guys at each other's throats. Which is precisely the intent most of the time: to sow discord, and try and make everyone he interacts with just as miserable as he is.

Who knew the "Russian troll farm" had an amp modeling division? 😉

I'm starting to think this guy might actually be a genius...he smacks everyone in the face with a giant metaphorical d***o, then stands back and counts how many people line up to suck. Game, set, match to the president of the Andy Summers Fan Club...comedy gold, gents! 😂

• Upvote 1

You called me a troll:

>>which means the one doing the laughing wants to be part of the drama, which kinda makes him a troll himself.

So denying it in the next breath just looks silly.

Heres the problem...you need to follow along a little better. When i quote you, im responding to the content of YOUR comment.  You were NOT talking about yourself when you made this comment. Nor was i. We are not talking about you, we are talking about those who would handle drama in this manner.

People should learn to love trolls - and laugh artfully at them - which they absolutely hate.

You were talking about other people.......about how other people should respond.  I was merely disagreeing with the statement. I was just saying thats not the way you want to handle it.....and you can ask 100 people with an average level of intelligence, 99 of them are going to tell you , you are wrong. Big deal, life goes on. Weve all been wrong before. Get over it, move on.  

Trust me, if i wanted to call you a troll, i would just do it. Theres no denying it, owning it, or dancing around. I would simply do it. There would be no need to try and "read between any lines". 

So you can choose to continue to believe i called you a troll if thats what you are so inclined to, but you would be wrong. The fact that im telling you i didnt *should* be evidence, because if that was my intention i would simply say "yeah i did so what"

One of the funniest things for me is watching you try to get my attention every time a thread gets a little opinionated.  Knowing that i make your blood boil, and the fact that i wont even give you the time of day is just beautiful!! Keep trying though. #inyourhead

Heres the problem...you need to follow along a little better. When i quote you, im responding to the content of YOUR comment.  You were NOT talking about yourself when you made this comment. Nor was i. We are not talking about you, we are talking about those who would handle drama in this manner.

I was talking about me. On the thread that the mods deleted the previous day. Now perhaps you didn't see that before it disappeared but you still managed to misinterpret my comment and are persistently being rude about it. May I suggest chilling out a bit?

I was talking about me. On the thread that the mods deleted the previous day. Now perhaps you didn't see that before it disappeared but you still managed to misinterpret my comment and are persistently being rude about it. May I suggest chilling out a bit?

Oh im quite calm and no, you may not suggest anything. I make suggestions to you, and that is stop crying foul if you dont understand how to express yourself, and for pete sakes stop giving people advice ,especially if its going to be on this level.

So the best policy is to give them a hard time,

i mean yeah, people are going to seem rude if you are always falsely accusing them or crying foul all the time.

• Downvote 1