Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Transfer License Question

rsvette12

The Line 6 licensing tools is a standalone application.

Just as I thought here is LIne6 reply - hope it helps others

Hi Richard, 

You are correct. Within the Helix Native software you may navigate to the setting menu using the "cog wheel" to de authorize the computer associated with your Helix Native License. This will prevent you from losing one of your authorizations. 

Kody Line 6 Support 

Hi Kody,

I just posted a question about this, so can u give me a step by step on what I need to do to get my new computer to work with my Helix floor unit that already had version 2.5 on it? My old ones screen busted so I'm am trying to get a backup laptop going. Thanks

Hi Kody,

I just posted a question about this, so can u give me a step by step on what I need to do to get my new computer to work with my Helix floor unit that already had version 2.5 on it? My old ones screen busted so I'm am trying to get a backup laptop going. Thanks

You can get your helix running on your backup computer just loose one authorization whatever that means I mean you did buy it anyway you have 5 authorizations so you loose one no big deal just unauthorized it next time on a working computer, because your computer crashed you dont have a choice

I need to install a Helix software of some type onto my laptop first don't I before I buy and add native?

No you can download it right now and trial it for quite a bit of time 10 days or more cant remember, then you can buy it actually right in Helix if you want while in your daw there is a button to purchase now - I bought mine from sweetwater but buying direct from Line6 would be easier also you have floor unit so I would just buy from Line6 as they know who you are and the discount you should get 

You go here

https://line6.com/software/

under all software pull down pick Helix Native and to the right your operating system - then hit go button

1.5 Helix Native shows up - scroll down and click get download - thats it good to go you can install it tell your daw where the Helix vst is (make a sound track layer like for your guitar then load the helix vst and the helix menu will show up - everything you need to do is right there or you could just go to line6 shop and buy it - it will tell you how much it is put in that sale code to get discount

Ok thanks, but what software do I need to download so I can use my helix? 2.20? 2.21? 2.3, not sure what to download on computer now to be able to use and edit Helix floor unit.

Keep in mind helix Native is limited right now on midi control - update is coming for that - right now your floor will work great with pedals - Native not so easy until full support is added

So you are saying that the Native is NOW the editor? You no longer download the 2.2 version on to ur laptop with the editor in it?

No Native is a different program it does not use the floor unit (its standalone) - a less expensive way of having helix if you dont want to pay for an expensive floor unit

Well that's useless to me. I have the floor unit and am trying to get my laptop to connect to it. Thanks for the education on the native. Need education on the helix computer software though. Anyone else out here that can help me?

Well that's useless to me. I have the floor unit and am trying to get my laptop to connect to it. Thanks for the education on the native. Need education on the helix computer software though. Anyone else out here that can help me?

Then go to Helix forum this is Native forum

http://line6.com/support/forum/86-helix/

• 1 year later...