Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How long is the firmware update supposed to take?

SuprSpy79

I just turned on my helix lt for the first time and ran line 6 update to install 2.52. It downloaded and ran and the helix seems to be stuck on "Updating UI MCU Firmware, please wait. Do not power off the unit!" for the last 20 minutes, it looks like its frozen :/

• Upvote 1

I would allow it a little more time before power cycling the unit.  Make sure you're connected to one your computer's USB ports and not through a USB hub.  You also may want to close out of any other applications - especially HX Edit.  If you still encounter the issue, I would open up a ticket with Line 6 Support.

I would allow it a little more time before power cycling the unit.  Make sure you're connected to one your computer's USB ports and not through a USB hub.  You also may want to close out of any other applications - especially HX Edit.  If you still encounter the issue, I would open up a ticket with Line 6 Support.

looks like the firmware made it to the unit, reboot itself to install and now is stuck, how long does it normally take?

You can also call them. The update typically takes about 5-10 minutes. It then reboots and rebuilds presets which can take another 5 minutes. I would power cycle the device and try to upgrade the firmware again. Make sure you use the Line 6 Updater tool to download the firmware as opposed to dowmloading it separately.

I just did the update myself and timed it.  The firmware update took about 10 minutes and the reboot and rebuild  of the presets took another 5 or 6.  Hopefully yours finished by now.  It takes a while to rebuild 1024 presets especially if your computer is slower or overtasked.

I just did the update myself and timed it.  The firmware update took about 10 minutes and the reboot and rebuild  of the presets took another 5 or 6.  Hopefully yours finished by now.  It takes a while to rebuild 1024 presets especially if your computer is slower or overtasked.

The rebuilding of the presets actually occurs post-upgrade and the first reboot. The Line 6 Updater tool isn’t even connected during that process.

Unfortunately its bricked. The animation froze and every time I cycle it, it goes right back there. I tried all the boot combos with the foot switches and none of them are recognized. This is extremely disappointing. I literally just opened it.

There’s a complete reset option with a certain footswitch sequence which varies by model. I would suggest that as a next step. Which model do you own?

yup tried them all nothing works, you hold them down until it enters the mode correct?

Might be what you meant but just in case, you have to release the buttons after it enters the reset mode. Btw, try plugging into USB and launching the Updater after you try each reset option. Some people have been able to reapply firmware even when their device did not appear to be in a state where that was possible.

I have the same problem I updated the unit to 2.52 firmware and Helix LT reboot with the screen Updating UI MCU Firmware, please wait. Do not power off the unit.

I tried all footswitch combos and nothing happens.

I have the same problem I updated the unit to 2.52 firmware and Helix LT reboot with the screen Updating UI MCU Firmware, please wait. Do not power off the unit.

I tried all footswitch combos and nothing happens.

Did you go straight from 2.12? I am speaking with a L6 Rep in a FB group and he reported the issue to engineering and is waiting to hear back. In the meantime he suggested to call support and they would help us out. I am not home from work till later, so I would advise doing that and post back here with the results after.

Hoo boy... this is making me nervous.

I want to try 2.5 but maybe I’ll wait. As I’ve done in the past. The new reverbs are enticing but I’m not sure it’s worth the risk. Maybe this is why Roland/Boss pretty much never put out updates to the GT series. My Helix is working perfectly in 2.3 and I need it working at all times.

Did you go straight from 2.12? I am speaking with a L6 Rep in a FB group and he reported the issue to engineering and is waiting to hear back. In the meantime he suggested to call support and they would help us out. I am not home from work till later, so I would advise doing that and post back here with the results after.

Yes, I straight from 2.12 and now I can't do anything with the Helix. Please tell us if he tell you something and what is the solution

DigitalIgloo(Line6) posted this over on The Gear Page. If your unit bricked doing the new update open up a ticket with Line6, email Frack Ritchotte, or give them a call.

Quote from DI on The Gear Page:

We're pulling FW 2.52 until we can find out why some people (typically running older firmware) can't update. If you've run into this problem and Helix isn't playing nice, open a ticket or hit @Frank Ritchotte up and they'll take care of ya'.