Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New to Amplifi, bought a TT, need some help plz.

cgt465

I downloaded the amplifi remote for my Android, but was wondering if there was any type if "gearbox" software for this. I tried to put helix on my Win10 laptop, but that didn't really work. Any help would be appreciated.

Helix is actually VST software, whereas the Amplifi remote controls the TT Directly;  However you can use the TT as part of a DAW and load helix withing that.  What sort of questions do you have in particular?  All in all, PodFarm is more like the original Gearbox stuff that used to exist, Helix native is $400 but blows it all out of the water I believe it's also 30% right now.

• Upvote 1

Helix is actually VST software, whereas the Amplifi remote controls the TT Directly;  However you can use the TT as part of a DAW and load helix withing that.  What sort of questions do you have in particular?  All in all, PodFarm is more like the original Gearbox stuff that used to exist, Helix native is $400 but blows it all out of the water I believe it's also 30% right now.

This stuff is all still very new to me, I'm have a PODxt that I connect via usb to my pc and that's where I use gearbox, but either the podxt is crapping out, or the Win10 interface isn't compatible with it, because I am getting pops and clicks and the volume drops, markedly if I play even remotely loud. On the 'amp' in gearbox I've witnessed the volume setting on whatever amp model is up drop from 6 to 3 or so. I'm guessing that's because of clipping.

Anyway, what I was hoping, is that there is some sort of similar setup for the TT. Where I can load amp models, pedals, etc, and set them up visually. Again, I am really new at this, and while I'm ok navigating around in Gearbox, I feel like a moron trying to figure out this software.

Long question short, is there anything for the TT that will allow me to setup amps and pedals like Gearbox does/did?

Thank you for answering, I do appreciate it.

Also, I do nearly no recording, this is purely for practice and fun. So learning the ins and outs of a DAW, let alone the costs, not something I currently want to get involved in if I don't have to.

AMPLIFi remote is basically a gearbox style software and you can use it while recording. It works fine as long as you don’t switch apps frequently and set the phone to do not disturb.

It has a visual interface where you tap and select amps and pedals visually, it’s quite nice. Also you can stream music and backing tracks to jam out to on it under the music tab. Plug into your PC and use your headphones or external powered monitors and you’ve got a nice practice amp setup. Additionally I’d recommend downloading Audacity, it’s a free DAW that’s extremely easy to use and would let you record your own tracks and let you edit audio to learn songs as well (slow down the tempo, change keys, etc) and the process is actually pretty easy.

Let me know if you have more questions.

• Upvote 1

Thanks man, after tinkering around with the app on my phone I found exactly what I was looking for, there's like 20 banks with 4 preset tones per bank. Pretty stoked this is what I was hoping it would be, and I set up teamviewer so I can control my phone on my pc, basically controlling the Amplifi remote. 

Pretty slick once I figured it out. Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again, I have really been liking it. It could use some tweaks, but it's definitely workable. I really like how it picks tones according to songs in your music library. That's pretty slick, I realize what it's doing, it's still pretty slick. 

Much happier a couple weeks in than I was in the first few days about this purchase.